• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cooking with alcohol?

oodles83

Hi All

I'm thinking this weekend to cook a beef casserole with some red wine in the sauce. Is this a no no? The alcohol will have cooked out but is there anything else that would make this a really bad idea?

Many thanks!

Butterfly_lady

Go for it, theres far worse things to use :)

Loving the Loop

I don't think its any problem, I am sure there are some calories in there with the flavour but nothing to bad.
We all need to be able to live a little and make nice meals so I say go for it like Butterfly Lady says.

sundown

As you said - the alcohol is cooked out so it's not an issue :)

los in it

go ahead ,use the booze and enjoy your meal!

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Alcohol is pretty ok in my experience. Just be aware that we can cross-addict from food to drinking as an emotional crutch which is the only precaution really, but adding some red wine to a stew is hardly excessive so go for it and enjoy the flavours. x

oodles83

Thanks all, the stew was a success :) and I now have enough left over to feed me til Christmas!!

I was never a drinker anyway (don't like the taste of alcohol) so to be honest I've not missed it at all. It's actually been a relief to say I've finally binned all pretence of trying to drink and people don't try and pressure me into it anymore lol!

I've already requested orange juice for the toast at my best friend's wedding coming up :)