• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ENDOCRINOLOGIST ANYONE?

tashaliza

hi, i was wondering if anyone had to go and see an endocrinologist and get their go-ahead first before they saw a wl surgeon??? :confused:
i've had to see one twice already and i still haven't been approved to see a surgeon....... i've also seen a dietitian and a activity person?
i forfill the nice criteria but i seem to have stalled :(
has this happened to anyone else??? :cry:
any ideas on how to push my case would be greatly received. thanks tasha xxx :wave_cry:

I had to see and endocrinologist as I have a thyroid condition which I have had since I was 8 years old. They arranged for me to have a scan, which was ok.

As for them stalling you, I would speak to your bariatric co-ordinator as they may know what is going on. I have seen the surgeon twice, when I orginally referred and as my last appointment. I am sure you will get yours soon.

hi there i am with endriconoligist at taunton but as confused as you really!!! seems i gotta lose two stone by nxt appt in 4 months,and have found out got thyroid problem and wants me to do xenical also at mo so im confused !!!!!!!

I was referred to see the endocrinologist before anything else. I have a thyrod condition and GP said they wanted to rule out any other conditions before applying for funding. I had to collect all my pee for 3 days for testing, the tests came back ok and the endocrinologist was the first person to actually suggest surgery and was the one who approached my GP about referring me.

i had to see one to rule out i didnt have any underlying conditions. It was he that surgested surgery to me as i had never concidered it.

hi, thanks for all your replies.

i'm not sure if its different in cornwall but i had to get my doctor to refer me to an endocrinologist in order to try to get wls.... i dont have any underlying problems and i've been told im disgustingly healthy for my weight
(typical :( ) i've been told that its therefor unlikely that i'll manage to get funding even though i forfill the nice criteria...... i'm still trying though
tasha xxx

Hi,
It must be a fairly standard procedure.
In my area, funding comes first. I have funding in place and have first appointment at the hospital in a couple of weeks and the first person I have to see is an endocrinologist. I have been told that he is also the head of the weight loss department though...
Leanne x

Back