• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cosmetic Bliss/Unshrunk liver??

me_but_better

Morning all,

More stressing this morning from me! Last night I read a ladies post that she went to have a Wrap done with CB.

After all her tests were done she was told that her liver had t shrunk as much as Dr C would've hoped, so there was a possibility that he wouldn't be able to do the wrap, but could do the sleeve... So here's my problem- if my liver hasn't shrunk enough, I'm not in a position financially to have the sleeve!!

Fortunately it all worked out for this lady, and she had the wrap, but I'm terrified now that I won't be able to have it, therefore come home next week in the same disgusting state im in now!

I've lost 13lb in 10 days, but this doesn't necessarily mean my liver will shrink!

I'm really sorry for the miserable message, but just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience?

Take care
A x

i think that is everyones worry(well it is mine also) getting my op tomorrow! :D
so i wouldnt worry too much...you dont hear of people not shrinking their liver much on the milk diet unless they had something they were not suppost too!! lol

Just keep doing as you were told and keep your fingers crossed.Everyones liver has a different feel for the docs so its up to you to do your best now.Live on warm clear fluids and you should be ok!

As long as you have stuck to the diet you'll be fine, try not to worry yourself about this and think of the new you that will emerge after the surgery. x

Thanks guys,

I think I'm just destined to stress myself silly until the day of the tests/op.

I'm not going the milk diet, I really REALLY couldn't drink that much milk, I don't mind it on cereal but I could vomit at the thought of drinking pints of the stuff!

I've cut almost ALL the fat out of my diet, and having 1000 cals a day, and I'm taking milk thistle, so I know I'm doing all that I should be doing, but the possibility of being turned away has really got me down.

Hopefully this time next week will be in recovery... All wrapped and ready to go!

A x

Keep doing what you doing its what the doc told you to do so stick with it. xx don't panic be proud you have kept it going ok xx

chrisa said:
Keep doing what you doing its what the doc told you to do so stick with it. xx don't panic be proud you have kept it going ok xx

Thanks chic, I am pleased with my weight loss so far, just hope it's doing the trick lol xx

this worries me!! ive struck to the diet strictly though.

Back