• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can a 1 week milk diet shrink ur liver?

saffrons

my friend is having her band fitted in belgium the day after i have my sleeve she is starting at a higher weight than me but has only been told to do the milk diet for a week? will it shrink the liver in only a week?

I would certainly check this one with the team, we are all guided by our team and you are in very good hands with Mr. Ammori's team.

Keep us posted.

Love and hugs xxx

Its the lack of glycogen in the liver that makes it supple and easier to move out of the way,any time on a milk diet will help.

In short, yes, if she sticks to it. The point of the 'liver
shrinking diet' is just that, to shrink the liver....this is achieved by reducing fat/carb intake so the glycogen (energy) stores in the liver get used up, which also removes a vast quantity of stored water at the same time, as it takes 4 molecules of water to store every one molecule of glycogen. This reduces liver size for ease of access & maneuverability, as the stomach lays behind the liver, and reduces risk of injury to the liver, which could lead to undetected bleeding, thus potential serious complications. Any weight loss is incidental & a bonus.

I've been told 10 days. But havent received the diet sheet yet as they only told me about the op today - in 10 days time !

I should have done two weeks however i was called in a week early and my liver was fine as far as i know. Mind i did have open surgery :)

I was told my pre op diet would either be 7 or 10 days. and it would involve eating low fat/high protein food. My friends was 14 days and involved her drinking 3 slimfast shakes a day. So yeah every surgeon/clinic is different, but you need to trust yours and not look at your friend because your company will advise you what is best for YOU depending on your weight/BMI

Hi
I have to do my pre-op slimfast diet for 4 weeks - now on week 2.
Mind you - this is my second go at it - first op in Feb was abandoned due to my surgeon finding a tumour (thankfully diagnosed non-malignant) being found on my liver. That time I did 2 weeks.
I guess they're the experts and know how long to advise - but my 4 weeks are hard going! lol

Tonight I had a severe craving for a chicken tikka masala, mushroom rice and onion bhajis! My lovely hubby was so stern with me, he has to be - he knows I have no willpower - even to the point that he was coming home tonight from the final of his teams pool tournament because he was worried about me.

But the moment passed!

Back