• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op

Hevz

Hi everyone

My bypass is scheduled for Weds 1st Nov 2018 and to tell you the truth, I'm nervous!

The milk diet (from L&D) was fine the first time but this last week and a half have been hard. I have been to Dubai for a week which was probably the hardest but I am proud to say that I haven't slipped once!

BUT! I am now wondering whether I have done something bad. In Dubai, I managed to get semi skimmed milk and put nesquik in it as I unsuprisingly couldn't get sugar free krusha! The nesquik I used had a blue label which said 'no added sugar' but when I checked the packaging at home, it turns out that it says 'no added sweeter.'

Now I'm panicking that they'll open me up and find that my liver isn't shrunk enough!

Anyone have any advice?

Bling Babe

Oh gosh, firstly I absolutely admire you for going there whilst on the milk diet, I’m sorry I can’t answer about the nesquick, did you have it in all of your milk ? Where is your surgery being done?

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Did you mean your surgery was scheduled for Wednesday 1st Nov 17?

No added sugar means that the natural sugar is present from the 'fruit' or other contents x

Hevz

Thanks Bling Babe. It was booked before I knew surgery was on the cards! Lol

Mazza - Sorry yes, 2017 (This Weds coming!)

I had nesquick in roughly 2 pints of semi-skimmed milk and for 5 days.

My surgery is at L&D.

A positive note is that I have lost 4kg but I know that it's not the weight lost, it's the liver shrinkage!

Last edited:

Bling Babe

I think as it was only 2 pints for 5 days you’ll be ok. Good luck look forward to hearing updates

Jade Marcellin

When I went for my op the nurse told me they very rarely turn people away. The nurse said its mainly if someone has not stuck to the milk diet and eaten most of the 2 weeks leading up to surgery.

_Victoria_

Hello Hevz! Congrats on getting your op. I'm glad the nesquik thing worked out okay. I'm about to start my pre op diet on Monday and it's honestly the thing i'm the most nervous about. I'm hoping the fear of not being able to have surgery keeps me motivated. How long did you have to do your pre op for? how are you feeling after surgery?

Bling Babe

Thanks Jade. I am now 3 weeks post op!
Congratulations so pleased it all went well, hope your recovering nicely xx