• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cosmetic Surgery post weight loss

Caroline101061

Hi All

Know Im severely jumping the gun here but I like to plan ahead:p. I know everything varies hugely from PCT to PCT but does anyone have any tips on getting funding for cosmetic surgery and also, do you get a choice of surgeons or is it 'get what you are given and be grateful'? Would hate to end up with someone who practices 'join the dots'! LOL

i had nhs plastics after wls, im very lucky and appreciate this as some areas do not fund nhs plastics after wls.

did you have to fight for funding or was it straightforward and was the surgeon ok?

in my area its part of the completion after wls, when the time was right my band surgeon refered me.

you will have to check out how it works in your area, as its a post code lottery to whether they see plastics as a priority to fund or not.

most areas dont fund this type of surgery.

Dont think we get that luxury in Barnet. My understanding is that we have to have a psychiatric assessment (someone at my support group dropped her trousers and said - look - do you want to tuck your stomach down the legs of your knickers to the shrink!) and then based on that, the PCT decides - guess I should take things one step at a time and stop worrying! Im kinda a long way off and I might win the lottery! Thanks for your replies though.

its deffo worth enquiring about, you never know till u ask them !

Back