• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cost of Bypass Private?

PurpleKylie22

Im sorry its a really personal question and I hate to ask someone, I know every case is different and prices arent the same for everyone anyway.

I was talking to my mum and she wanted to know how much a Bypass costs. I told her 10-15k, she said "you mean £1,500" I told her no! its actually 10-15k... well I know she cant afford it no matter how much she would like to. Shes on disability benefits and has a few k at the very most in her bank.

So she is determined to know how much it actually costs, I saw one website saying £10.950 but I don't know if thats including aftercare? And I dont have even £19.50 in my bank at the minute so I don't want to waste clinics time asking them how much it would cost... Wondered if anyone would be so kind as to give me an idea of how much they made and where they had surgery? Thank you very much

I paid just under 10,000 but that was 16 months ago the price also covers me for 2 years after care and I go back every 3 months.

Hi,

I paid just shy of 9k with WLS group. They also provide a good level of aftercare. The surgeon I chose has been doing the ops so long he now teaches other people how to do it and was even featured on a BBC programme. Good luck

Julie

Im sorry its a really personal question and I hate to ask someone, I know every case is different and prices arent the same for everyone anyway.

I was talking to my mum and she wanted to know how much a Bypass costs. I told her 10-15k, she said "you mean £1,500" I told her no! its actually 10-15k... well I know she cant afford it no matter how much she would like to. Shes on disability benefits and has a few k at the very most in her bank.

So she is determined to know how much it actually costs, I saw one website saying £10.950 but I don't know if thats including aftercare? And I dont have even £19.50 in my bank at the minute so I don't want to waste clinics time asking them how much it would cost... Wondered if anyone would be so kind as to give me an idea of how much they made and where they had surgery? Thank you very much

this is the cheapest and best place ive seen, and where i'd go if i had the money xx
http://info.wlsgroup.co.uk/main/prices.html

Last edited:
i'm paying £8.495 with 3yrs after care :) xx

Thanks everyone thats really helpful :) Birmingham is closest to my mum out of that group so its 9k there

i'm using wls group, there's a link on jrichard to them :) xx

Mines £8495 with 3 years after care

I was told it costs the nhs 11k!

I have been looking at this today...as so sick of waiting I am thinking of going private if I can scrap the money together. It's already been a year, spoke to secretary again today and got the same message I get every month "we are still doing people from Oct 10" ! Grrhhhhhhh

I was amazed to see that some of the companies charge and extra £1,000 if your BMI is over 50 - they seem to be between 8,500 and 12,00...I wonder what you get for your extra thousand, a bigger bed, more drugs ???
Good luck in your quest xx

It's a lot off money but it's well worth it if you can manage it wish I could afford it but good luck anyway

I'm afraid I'm like you, I cant manage it. My mum was refusing to believe it was so expensive I think lol, if it was 1.5K I think a lot more people would've had it!
Maybe one day I will be able to afford it... I don't know. I'm not working and I have three kids, so it is unlikely, but you never know.
I just need to find a very rich very old man (who has a thing for big women) lol

See your gp explain fully to them they will help

They wont :( They already tried referring me to the Wight managment unit, who rejected me becuase my BMI is under 60. Up here in Aberdeen they only take 60+ unless you have type 2 diabetes which I dont.

I'm working on my MP at the minute and I've been told that the Scottish government is currently reviewing guidelines although how long that takes I dont know :( I'm also considering requesting them to refer me to Leicester where my mum lives under the "Right to Choose" scheme but that could take a while and since I dont drive will also work out really expensive, Trains are about £100-£200 each way if I have to meet hospital appointments in Leicester an have no flexibility on the date... that in itself could prov more than I can afford.
I'm trying to be positive, today it isn't working. Feels like it will be years away at the very minimum and then I will have more years of jumping through heaps and weight loss programs and tests and drugs and this that and the next thing. I have always really wanted to be able to donate my eggs. I would love to be able to help a couple who cant have kids. But the ages limit is 32 and they wont accept me becuase I'm too fat. Im 26 now and I kind of suspect if I ever get down to the right weight it will be long after I have passed the age restrictions.

Ok end of depressing post. Sorry, just a rubbish day

oh if i had the money i'd have been done a very long time ago :( xx

I agree, its just stupid. Who ever is in charge is an idiot, this cant possibly be best for the UK

While I enjoy the Olympics the amount its costing to host them this year is 14 billion and going up!Better spent on health.

Back