• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good news and bad news

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
well the good news is that I went to see my boss today and told him about my operation, he was great about it and said to take as much time off as i need and my job will be safe, woohoo!

The bad news is that my mum is selling her garage to fund my op and it looks like she will only get about 5 or 6 thousand for it :( its not enough for a bypass and i really dont want a band :(

so depressed about it, dont know what to do :(

Hey Caren
Sorry to hear your news, I take it you are unable to get NHS Funding?
Not sure what I can say to make you feel better :(
All I can say is stick in there, you never know what's around the corner
Fingers crossed you may be able to get funds from elsewhere
Kim X

Thanks Kim, I dont meet the pct criteria for the nhs although im going to keep on at them, feel so deflated lol

Thanks Suzz, yes I would consider finance but im a discharged bankrupt and have a very low credit rating :(
im considering going abroad

Hi Caren, There are a lot of people on here who have been abroad so I am sure you will get a response soon :D What a lovely Mum you have :jelous:

thank you twinkle, and yes, how lovely of my mum :)

Hi hunnie, big hugs, can your mum get a loan and you pay it back x

thanks bex :) no i wouldnt ask that of my mum

And she's 75 x

I'm devastated maz :( good luck to you though, woop!!! :D

Hope something will turn up hun, get lotto ticket weekend xxxx Good luck x

Lol thanks bex that's what I'm hoping for, I keep buying scratch cards too lol x

I hear the frustration. Cosmetic bliss seems to be popular with those going abroad. Good luck with the pct. Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. Lol. Take care x

Lol you never know, hopefully the dietician is the beginning, but with my luck I doubt it :( lol

well the good news is that I went to see my boss today and told him about my operation, he was great about it and said to take as much time off as i need and my job will be safe, woohoo!

The bad news is that my mum is selling her garage to fund my op and it looks like she will only get about 5 or 6 thousand for it :( its not enough for a bypass and i really dont want a band :(

so depressed about it, dont know what to do :(

Caren

You have a Lovely Mum and a great Boss !

So sorry about your predicament that you're in :sigh:

I'm kind of in the same situation as my only route is NHS....Can't get any loans or cards as my credit level is low also.

I see you're in Basildon...I live in Epping and my PCT is West Essex....is yours the same or do you come under a different PCT?..it's just you mentioned that your don't reach the Criteria needed.

My criteria at West Essex NHS is..

BMI 50 or higher

&

a co-morbidity ( Sleep Apnoea,Type 2 Diabetes )

& been to a weight management course..dietician...WW etc.. for at least 6 months and seen to have lost weight and sustain it

I really hope that you situation is sorted out soon.

Take Care hun

Andy xx

Wish i could give you my place hun :( It upsets me to see lovely peeps struggling so hard!!!!!!!!

Hi, don't know if this helps but for me, my GP was the reason I got funding; he was incredibly proactive. It might be worth seeing if another GP at your practice would be more proactive about helping you be assessed as a special case even though you don't meet the PCT's criteria?

Yve

Back