• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cost of Bypass Private?

I paid £10,500 with Healthier Weight and had the amazing Basil Ammori as my surgeon.

My bypass came to 9950 in total and that includes lifetime aftercare. The hospital group was doing a special offer, giving the lifetime aftercare and a discount on the cost. I paid the 500 deposit in November which secured me that offer as their prices were changing come December (and reverting back to 2 years aftercare I think). Paid the remaining balance two weeks ago.

They also gave me 6 months of unlimited surgical aftercare although I don't know if that's standard or not.

I actually didn't know about the special offer when I booked the consultation. I merely chose The Hospital Group because Tina Malone got her band with them and I like her, shes a fab actress. :D

I'm afraid I'm like you, I cant manage it. My mum was refusing to believe it was so expensive I think lol, if it was 1.5K I think a lot more people would've had it!
Maybe one day I will be able to afford it... I don't know. I'm not working and I have three kids, so it is unlikely, but you never know.
I just need to find a very rich very old man (who has a thing for big women) lol

My private Gastric bypass cost £8.500 with WLS group. I didn't have any funds either. I figured my credit card company needed the money less than I did so used my flexible friend to fund the operation.

People tut tutted about going into debt but I reckon its better to be alive and in debt than dead of a heart attack/stroke/weight related cancer with no debt! Ive lost 2.5 stone in just over 4 weeks, I found out yesterday my diabetic bloods have returned to normal levels after thinking the op hadnt worked for them ( shocked the Dr who said she wouldnt have belived the improvement if she hadnt have done the bloods herself and the diabetic nurse was incredulous!) I look better, feel better, Its going to cost me a fortune in new clothes but thats a small price to pay for not only undoubtedly extending my life, but improving my quality of life.

Keep trying and don't give up. £8.5k isn't a fortune to a bank or CC comp. Its less than a car loan!
Very best of luck.

Back