• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cost of Gastric Balloon

Hi Minime

I had mine done on the NHS so i cant answer your question,but good luck .

Di

have you tried the nhs route ?

The Hospital Group start from £3950, so I can imagine most private providers would charge in that range.

I think there are two different types of balloon, one that has saline in and one that is filled with a gas. I guess the cost of these two might vary.

I have the saline filled balloon, mines was £4950 and that includes 12 mths post op support package. That was the NOSC x

Hi Minime,

Cant help with your question I'm afraid, but wanted to say good luck with your research. There have been a couple of success stories with the balloon on here but I can't remember the members names (sorry)

Thanks Sam, was interested in this because it wasn't surgical. Although now I'm thinking about the band too. Not spoken to OH though, he will be dead against paying that sort of money, but only others in the same position know how I feel and I know he won't understand. Although he is supportive of me losing weight he thinks it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks Sam, was interested in this because it wasn't surgical. Although now I'm thinking about the band too. Not spoken to OH though, he will be dead against paying that sort of money, but only others in the same position know how I feel and I know he won't understand. Although he is supportive of me losing weight he thinks it shouldn't be too difficult.

hi minime, the balloon is a good idea in principle, but only stays in 6 months and its hard to maintain the weight lost after the removal, the balloon seems rather expensive for only 6 months use, wouldnt paying that little extra for a band instead of the balloon be a better longer term solution for keeping the weight off.

Hi Liz, that is kinda my own thoughts on the balloon. Phoned around for a few band prices today, but really don't think OH will agree to £7k for it. Still pondering over it though.

:D My wife had one fitted in july last year, it cost £5000, she had it taken out in january, and she had gained a stone :sigh:

Was that the balloon Allan? If so, does she wish she had the band instead.

:D I will ask her when i visit her in Hospital tonight, she suffers from Clinical Depression and has been there for a month now :sigh:

Never realised that Allan, see you about on Becky's thread, must be hard for both of you. Don't worry about asking her, sure there are more important things for you both to talk about.

Never realised that Allan, see you about on Becky's thread, must be hard for both of you. Don't worry about asking her, sure there are more important things for you both to talk about.

:D She is getting better, we have been looking after nanna at our house since march last year, she died in January and it hit her very hard, we got left everything in her will, but both her brothers ganged up on her as they only got £5000 each, that tipped her over the edge and she ended up in hospital :sigh:

Can often bring about difficulties. My sisters MIL died and they had bought her house with agreement of all family, but after she died they all wanted them to sell house and give them a share of profits, even though none of them wanted to buy it when offered. They were also left majority of her money/things too. Caused her no end of grief.

Glad to hear she is on the mend though, hopefully she'll be home soon:).

Can often bring about difficulties. My sisters MIL died and they had bought her house with agreement of all family, but after she died they all wanted them to sell house and give them a share of profits, even though none of them wanted to buy it when offered. They were also left majority of her money/things too. Caused her no end of grief.

Glad to hear she is on the mend though, hopefully she'll be home soon:).

:D I hope so, last time she was in hospital for three months :mad:

Back