• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cotswolds Newbie

shazzy2602

Hi, I am sharon, a 31 year old woman who has been trying to lose weight since I got put on a diet at 8 years old, on and off diets and trying to get surgery for the past 10 years.

Then getting married earlier this year I moved to Gloucestershire and am now going to Gloucester hospital to see if they can help me, more than Coventry hospital ever did, Which wouldn't be hard as all they did was put me down and weigh me and try and take my bloody pressure, whilst changing their mind about what operation I should have every time I went.

So now I am married, moved home and starting a new. I do hope one day to not feel so lone some and reading some of the posts on here is lovely to know that others know how you feel

Anyway HELLO :D

Hello Sharon and welcome :) Im pretty new to the site too and am at assessment stage in Oxford. Good luck on your journey x x

Hi Samsara, thank you.. glad I am not the only newbee. I went to oxford hospital for an assessment when I was 20, I hope they are treating you well :)

Welcome :) (I know I've said that on another thread, but I shall say it again :) )

Glad to hear that you're married, settled and hopefully getting the help via Gloucester - we do live close by, so if you ever fancy a chat with someone local, shout :)

Aww Shazzy u sound like me! I was 8 wen I first really cottoned on to the fact I was over weight and my Mum was watching what I ate. I always remember my Mum saying that with every year older I became, I got a stone heavier...9yrs old...10 stone...10yrs old 11stone and so on. Until at 13 and 14stone she took me to a private clinic where I was prescribed amphetamine diet pills.
....if only she knew wat she was doing!!

Im kind of a newbie...been away from the site for sometime now but decided to go for it this year and get my op somehow...so Im back :eek:)

Good luck to u Shazzy xx

Hi Sharon good luck with everything xx

Hey Sharon!

Welcome! This site is honestly such a god send, i use it kind of like a bible! ha. Im going to be banded next week and the support offered on here has been very beneficial in exploring my options. good luck with everything! x

Aww Shazzy u sound like me! I was 8 wen I first really cottoned on to the fact I was over weight and my Mum was watching what I ate. I always remember my Mum saying that with every year older I became, I got a stone heavier...9yrs old...10 stone...10yrs old 11stone and so on. Until at 13 and 14stone she took me to a private clinic where I was prescribed amphetamine diet pills.
....if only she knew wat she was doing!!

Im kind of a newbie...been away from the site for sometime now but decided to go for it this year and get my op somehow...so Im back :eek:)

Good luck to u Shazzy xx

Thank you, you poor thing, you sound like me it's hard but at least we are willing to get back to trying for ourselves this time, rather than being made x

Hey Sharon!

Welcome! This site is honestly such a god send, i use it kind of like a bible! ha. Im going to be banded next week and the support offered on here has been very beneficial in exploring my options. good luck with everything! x

Thank you, yes I have found out some amazing things already, I wish you luck for next week :) x

Hi and welcome Sharon. Good luck hun on your WLS journey :)

Sharon have they agreed funding for you I was trying to look on your posts but can't see it xxx I hope they have and just to let you know sports direct have some scales that go up to 28 stone xxx I know it's no use yet but you may want to keep it in mind :) take care x

Welcome x

Sharon have they agreed funding for you I was trying to look on your posts but can't see it xxx I hope they have and just to let you know sports direct have some scales that go up to 28 stone xxx I know it's no use yet but you may want to keep it in mind :) take care x

Thank you, sadly my nearest sports direct is over 15+ miles away, Who knows though by that time, I might be more able to get out more though :) x

I hope everything works out well for you! I am in the USA so i guess things are different here as far as funding is concerned. So I am having a hard time understanding why the other hospital would not help you Sharon?

Back