• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Introduction...

Nikkita - Many thanks, Does show you that these things don't always help! Thank you for posting x

TwinkleTwinkle - Your post made me giggle, many thanks for your best wishes x

pre-op diet was a doddle for me! anasthetic, nowt to worry about, you fall asleep you wake up :)

spooky i'm a headache sufferer too, from the age of 13, had an mri and no probs thankfully. I take meds every night to help but hope to try and come off them soon.

Thank you tealovingsleever :) Did you have to walk about a couple of hours after surgery? :)

I used to take meds too - Acetazolamide - but they made me feel worse, so I came off of them, couldn't take the tingly hands and feet and weird taste in my mouth! :)

I had my op about 11 am, i think i got up for a wee that evening but didn't have to go for a proper walk until the next day. I had to go up and down the corridor with my drips lol. It was fine. It just feels like you've done a million sit ups!

That's good! Lol :) I'm guessing I won't be able to wear my make up either :(

make up? lol - you won't care about that!

I was a big headache sufferer before surgery and was also to be found snaffling lots of over the counter headache remedies but since pre op and surgery (12 weeks ish) I haven't had a single one! I am convinced my headaches were at least partly due to the huge amount of carbs and sugar that I was eating, slamming my blood sugar levels up and down. Sugar withdrawal was certainly the reason for my 4 day migraine at the start of the pre op diet but it's amazing how much better you feel even after those first few days of not eating rubbish.
I know you have a medical issue to deal with too but I wouldn't have thought lowering your calories, fat and sugar intake would exacerbate that!? My best advice would be to try and cut down on the carbs and sugar gradually ahead of the pre-op................I wish I had!
Best of luck with all the build up. I'm a sleever too so any q's, fire away and I'll try my best to help although there are much more experienced sleevers than me about too.

Jo Jo I think mine must have been to do with sugar and carbs too now, not that anyone has mentioned it.

I still suffer with them but maybe only once per week now and i get migraines too but they are pretty rare, thankfully.

tealovingsleever - I wear my makeup every day - will be lost without it :) Will have to be brave :(

JoJoTGirl - That's a good idea - so my body is not shocked :) I'm hoping they reduce significantly the Dr said they should once I've lost weight

Hi Katy and welcome! I had my sleeve 5 months ago at the uclh London and has been the best decision ever! I have 3 kids and really enjoying them so much more now that I can run around and up the stairs! Wishing you the best of luck and look forward to updates from you! The Pre op diet was awful for me as I dislike milk but I kept saying its almost over and then it was over! Xxx

Thank you for your post :) I know the UCLH well, my hubby goes there every 8 weeks! Really can't wait for this journey to start properly :)

You weight loss is brilliant!! :)

Lol re the makeup. I went in for 6.30am on my op day in my usual full face and was made to scrub it off like a naughty school girl almost immediately! Mind, I was in the anaesthetic room by 7.35am!!! I was too put of it to care that day or the next but when I woke up on day 2, I managed to slap a bit on and feel a bit better! Sods law said I had a huge spot beside my nose that week just to cheer me up even more when I was feeling bleuuurrrghhhh! lol

Lol!! I'm going to feel naked - mind you they are going to see more of me than my bare face! I wonder if I can have a tan beforehand....?

Hi Katy

Just wanted to say welcome from a fellow IIH'er ;) so I know exactly what you mean about headaches and I'm hoping the sleeve will reduce them too.

My life has been one big headache since I was diagnosed in 2011 (had to go through the whole "get to hospital immediately" scans for brain tumours thing also!). Diamox did nothing for me either except give me those horrid side effects so I stopped taking them x x x

Hi Samsara :) Thank you for the message :)

The side effects are horrible aren't they!

Did you have your Sleeve done on the 3rd April? You're doing so well!! xx

Yes, 3rd April :) I don't think my early stages post-op were as easy as others but I'm hoping each day will get easier.

I've had a pretty rotten time with the IIH and at the same time was hospitalised for meningitis. The side effects of the drug were just making me feel worse and the pins and needles sensation used to burn (in my feet mostly) and have me in tears. Have you been managing to work with the condition? And what about the dreaded lumbar punctures which are modern day torture? I'm scarred for life by mine...:cry:x x

I couldn't take the tabs anymore because of the side effects - they were awful! I manage by trying to avoid stress, I find when I'm stressed I am bound to get a headache more or less straight away. When I get a headache my first instinct is to eat to get rid of it!. I've had one lumper puncture - have you had any? xx

Same same - stress definitely exacerbates the condition = headaches. I've had three lumbar punctures which is three too many :( I saw the neurologist for a review at the end of January and said although my headaches were getting worse again I couldn't cope with another lumbar puncture. At that time my sleeve surgery had just been approved so there was light at the end of my tunnel :) x x

Back