• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Introduction...

SleeveGirl

Hi Everyone,

I am new here :newbie: so I just thought I would introduce myself...

I am 25 years old, married and have a daughter who is 4 (nearly 5 as she keeps telling me!). After two years of wanting and researching WLS I have decided to have the Gastric Sleeve.

I have seen the consultant/surgeon (Mr Jain at the Luton & Dunstable hospital) and now I am waiting for my nutritionist and psych appointment, and my surgery date.

Any advise really would be appreciated, I am petrified but also excited...

Katy :)

Hi Katy welcome. I love my sleeve and I'm sure you will too. Any questions just shout.

Hi Katy, welcome! The team at Luton are fab, I chose the bypass. Am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you Victoria! Congrats on losing an incredible amount of weight in nearly 9 months :)

To tell you the truth I am more worried about the pre-op diet (as well as the anesthetic risks), because I can't stand milk!! :(

Hi Yve,

Did you have your bypass done at Luton? Your weight loss has been amazing!

Thank you Victoria, your weight loss has been incredible, 112lbs in nearly 9 months :)

To be honest, I am worried about the pre-op diet (as well as the anesthetic risks).

Small world :)

Never posted on a forum before, great info/advice on here!

Thank you Victoria, your weight loss has been incredible, 112lbs in nearly 9 months :)

To be honest, I am worried about the pre-op diet (as well as the anesthetic risks).

What are your worries about the preop diet?

I hate milk and the headaches I am bound to have... When I see the nutritionist, I will let him/her know that I really dislike milk and see what he/she says.

I suffer with a lot of headaches anyway, so I am worried about them getting worse :( I know ultimately the surgery is meant to help the headaches - so I've got to try and think about that.

I used to suffer a lot with headaches every day around 10 years ago and took hundreds of tablets for them including some pretty powerful PKs, until in the end fearing I had a brain tumour I went to see my GP who said it could be the tablets causing the pain. Chuff me if she wasn't right, following her advice next headache I just went for a little walk instead and the pain had gone in minutes, and I've never had a headache since. I'm not saying it is the same for everyone or you chuck, but I have since read on the net that pain killers can actually cause headaches

Anywhoo all that aside, hello and welcome to the forum. There are some lovely people here who will be only too happy to offer support and some very knowledgeable people who can give you real life advice gained from years of successful weight lost post op experience

I hate milk and the headaches I am bound to have... When I see the nutritionist, I will let him/her know that I really dislike milk and see what he/she says.

I suffer with a lot of headaches anyway, so I am worried about them getting worse :( I know ultimately the surgery is meant to help the headaches - so I've got to try and think about that.

A lot of people do get headaches unfortunately especially in the first few days. I suspect they will still ask you to do the milk diet to try it and then of that doesn't work something like slim fast. Are you doing the 4week one or have you only had to do it two weeks preop?

Hi Karlos, sometimes I think you're right, tablets can make them worse. I went to the opticians to check my eyes because of the headaches and they said get to hospital immediately for an MRI on your brain we can see pressure on your eyes, they scared the life out of me. Luckily I was able to have an MRI the next day and it turns out I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension - thankfully it wasn't a tumour. I should try walking about for a bit actually. Losing the weight will help the headaches. :)

Hi Yve - I am still waiting for my appt so I'm not sure when I'm starting it or for how long... Hopefully only 2 weeks :)

Hi Karlos, sometimes I think you're right, tablets can make them worse. I went to the opticians to check my eyes because of the headaches and they said get to hospital immediately for an MRI on your brain we can see pressure on your eyes, they scared the life out of me. Luckily I was able to have an MRI the next day and it turns out I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension - thankfully it wasn't a tumour. I should try walking about for a bit actually. Losing the weight will help the headaches. :)

Hi Yve - I am still waiting for my appt so I'm not sure when I'm starting it or for how long... Hopefully only 2 weeks :)

Blimey girl I would have passed out if they'd said that to me, but then I am a total mard arse :D

I must admit I was sceptical when the GP said it was the tablets causing the headaches until I stopped reaching for them as a reflex action as soon as I felt one coming on. I haven't heard that the pre op diet increases the instances of headaches before but then the milk diet wasn't very popular with my local provider, they preferred the low cal diet.

Again good luck with it xxx

Many thanks Peterborough Guy - so nice to hear from people who had the same surgeon :)

Karlos - Lol!! Thank you - so nervous, but looking forward to getting a surgery date now!

Ah okay good luck. They will tell you what diets to do when.

I was recently referred to a neurologist because of constant headaches. I was sometimes having to take paracetamol and ibuprofen twice a day. At my first appointment I had all the general tests they needed to do to rule anything more serious out the consultant advised me to stop taking any pain relief and see how I got on. Well I was furious, how on earth can they leave me to suffer like this! Anyway within a week the constant headaches stopped and now I only get them one a month if that.

Good luck on your journey sleeve girl.

Hi honey :) I'm not a sleever, don't have headaches, love milk & live in Sheffield soooooooooo basically I can't really answer any of your specific questions, but do send you lots of good wishes & welcome you to the most friendly & knowledgeable WLS site on the net :D xxx

Back