• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve couch to 5k

Cornish Pixie

Just wondering g of anyone has done this programme? I did four weeks ages ago when I lost weight before but much like my diet I gave up. Just wondering if anyone has preserved and if you enjoyed it?

I joined a running club to do something similar back last September, and by end October we were hitting 5k! I hadn't even run for the bus before and I'm still carrying plus 3 stone. Loose skin has been an issue running, but I've gone back to if tonight. You can get a free ap and give it a go? Or maybe find a beginners running club (can find them on run England website) it really does take you from doing nothing to 5k but I find it much better as part of a group :) :)

Thanks topkat, and well done for going back to your club tonight :) my fitness level is so poor I would be mortified to go to a running club at the moment but I will definitely give it a go when I am a bit lighter and fitter. I will give the app another chance & loose a bit more weight, strap my wobbly bits in & attempt a running club a few months down the line.

the beginners clubs are such a mixture of ability. And I'm one of the faster ones in the group, despite being 3 stone still to go. but it doesn't matter and it's very relaxed, maybe worth looking in to. We have mums, grans, even a daughter that's joined, people in their 20s right through to their 60s...I find it much more motivating than trying to do it alone. If not see if you can find a running buddy :)

Back