• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Could his journey get any worse?

i was on the ceiling this morning and now im as gutted as when i couldnt get the bloody referal lol. Can you opt to have the surgery carried out somewere else??? i really dont understand at the minute im busy learning and reading up on stuff . So what do i do now?

Type 2 diabetes is usually a weight gain... have you got a Lloyds pharmacy near you? They do free diabetes testing. x

Yes Linz I do - well I never new that!! Will they test me there and then?

Lin xx

Hello me again, I suffer with arthritis (both legs) and my surgeon stated that it counted as a comorbidity..........Just thought I would let u know hun xx

Really, I am filled with a little hope now, so thank you all for the replys you have made my day much brighter!

Lin xxx

I hope you manage to get all this sorted out. Have they actually said that you don't meet the criteria? Write everything down and send it off to the PCT, you never know it might help your case.

Rebirth

I hope you manage to get all this sorted out. Have they actually said that you don't meet the criteria? Write everything down and send it off to the PCT, you never know it might help your case.

Rebirth

Thanks - good idea I will contact them and clarify. Iam going to ask for testing for diabetes too so hopefully I am in with a chance.

Lin xxx

I do not live in the area where my GP is, and infact the area where I live comes under a different PCT. My own Borough are well known for not funding WLS or having unrealistic (hard to reach) criteria for WLS.

However, although the funding PCT did mention that I did not live in their area, they could do nothing about it as my GP is under their PCT and they could not force me to change GP. May be worth changing GP's to a funding area ((???)) just a thought.

Back