• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you think

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hiya, long time no see. ok some of you will probably not know me but i had a bypass back in 2009 and lost 23 stone. Those that do remember me last heard from me back in early 2011 just before i was to have a lower body lift. Unfortunately due to a failed blood test in the pre op mainly my liver levels were not right my operation was postponed until my liver was correct this turned out to be some tablets that i was taking at the time. By the time they sorted this out the pct had withdrawn funding and i ended up with no plastic surgery. My doctor aproached another pct and the plastic surgeon said he would do a tummy tuck and a inner thigh lift providing i had some varicous veins operated on. The vascular surgeon said he would do my varicous veins under general anesthetic on the 20 th april and a pre op appointment was sent out for the 20th feb. at the same time the pct granted me funding for both the tummy tuck and thigh lift and a date for my op was set for 6th march and a pre op for the 21st feb. I went for the first preop and had my bloods done and other checks for the varicous op i then went again for the preop for my tummy tuck the results from the first preop were in the system from the day before the doctor checked it and said that i was border line anemic but did not see that this should stop my surgery going ahead on the 6th march so was sent home with hibiscrub and fasting instructions. Would you believe i have received a letter from the vascular surgeon saying that he is going to take me of the list as i am anemic and he wants my doctor to investigate this further. How can one doctor say no and another doctor say yes and i am petrified that the plastic surgeon will now change his mind and not do the op. I have always been border line anemic even when i was overweight i am so frustrated and scared that they are going to say no now to the tummy tuck on tuesday. What do you think?:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh bless you... i have to say.. omg you have done amazingly losing 23 stone. If they have booked you in for Tuesday then they must think you are ok for the op. I wish you all the luck hun xx

Very best of luck. They shouldnt be allowed to pull the rug from under people like that.

Wow 23st loss is fantastic well dun u :) and I really hope they do ur tummy tuck ect ASAP they can be so unfair at times good luck hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Firstly - 23 stone, OMG!! well done, you must feel soooooo amazing. I've had really bad loose skin too (previous weightloss, not since op!) and know how depressing that can be.

Could the reason the second surgeon isn't keen on operating be because it involves veins? the anaemia could prove quite problematic under those circumstances I imagine.

I hope the TT and lift can still go ahead regardless, but if not try to accept that they are looking after your safety.

Take some iron suppliments and eat as much iron rich food as you can, maybe you can turn the anaemia around fairly quickly x

Good luck!

23st is amazing well done.
I had low iron which put my op back it was 7.9 and tablets were not helping so after fighting my GP let me have iron injections. I had 10days of them and I wont lie it hurt but my iron was 9.8 so they let me have my op. I did go up to 11.4 after my op but has since dropped a little.
Ask your GP about them as they work quickly. The only downside is you end up stained. I have two big brown marks on my bum and it may take a year to go. Also the area can stay sore for a little bit but it works well and quickly.
Good luck and hope they sort your TT soon x

Janey I can't believe what they are doing to you.

I am at my wits end and so fed up with it all its been two years altogether firstly they said i had funding then they said my blood levels were not right and by the time they had sorted me out i had lost funding then my doctor re aplied at sandwell and they said yes and have given me funding now they are saying my bloods are not right for the vein surgery and i am so scared that i will have a nother brown envelope cancelling my tummy tuck on tuesday. It is such a roller coaster ride.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Janey what hospital is doing the op?
I have had funding approved for a hernia repair and TT in October and my op has been cancelled 3 times so far. 1st and 2nd time due to "sudden influx of breast cancer patients" 3rd time I had an abscess under my tooth 5 days before op.
I am the same as you, worrying that Sandwell will pull funding.
I honestly feel as if the surgeon does not want to do my surgery and is hoping they will pull funding.
I wish I hadn't asked for Russells Hall now :sigh:

Janey what hospital is doing the op?
I have had funding approved for a hernia repair and TT in October and my op has been cancelled 3 times so far. 1st and 2nd time due to "sudden influx of breast cancer patients" 3rd time I had an abscess under my tooth 5 days before op.
I am the same as you, worrying that Sandwell will pull funding.
I honestly feel as if the surgeon does not want to do my surgery and is hoping they will pull funding.
I wish I hadn't asked for Russells Hall now :sigh:

The first time it was through russels hall and dudley i was absolutely gutted when they did what they did on me and now i am petrified that sandwell are going to do the same. It is so unfair what they are doing to us it messes our lives up.

You could ask for a second opinion but might have to change hospitals again
I think the QE is the one I'd opt for.
If they cancel my next date I am going to make an official complaint

I have been tummy tucked and home with iron tablets

Hiya, long time no see. ok some of you will probably not know me but i had a bypass back in 2009 and lost 23 stone. Those that do remember me last heard from me back in early 2011 just before i was to have a lower body lift. Unfortunately due to a failed blood test in the pre op mainly my liver levels were not right my operation was postponed until my liver was correct this turned out to be some tablets that i was taking at the time. By the time they sorted this out the pct had withdrawn funding and i ended up with no plastic surgery. My doctor aproached another pct and the plastic surgeon said he would do a tummy tuck and a inner thigh lift providing i had some varicous veins operated on. The vascular surgeon said he would do my varicous veins under general anesthetic on the 20 th april and a pre op appointment was sent out for the 20th feb. at the same time the pct granted me funding for both the tummy tuck and thigh lift and a date for my op was set for 6th march and a pre op for the 21st feb. I went for the first preop and had my bloods done and other checks for the varicous op i then went again for the preop for my tummy tuck the results from the first preop were in the system from the day before the doctor checked it and said that i was border line anemic but did not see that this should stop my surgery going ahead on the 6th march so was sent home with hibiscrub and fasting instructions. Would you believe i have received a letter from the vascular surgeon saying that he is going to take me of the list as i am anemic and he wants my doctor to investigate this further. How can one doctor say no and another doctor say yes and i am petrified that the plastic surgeon will now change his mind and not do the op. I have always been border line anemic even when i was overweight i am so frustrated and scared that they are going to say no now to the tummy tuck on tuesday. What do you think?:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Hiya everyone just to update you I have been tummy tucked and am now home with iron tablets. Op went well although have not seen it yet because of all the dressings am looking forward to seeing it on thursday when the dressings come off. Janey.

Congrats hun happy healing xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

congratulations Janey :) xxx

congratulations heres to a fast recovery xx

Congratulations, Hope u have a speedy recovery x

Excellent news
I am so glad that it has been done and all went well
How long were you in hospital for and how much weight in loose skin did they remove?
I hope that mine goes ahead this time. I keep waking up in the middle of the night after dreaming that they have cancelled again

Back