• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

counseller and my op

mandyl

hi guys
got letter this morning about seing the counseller at gp practice. ive been on the waiting list for ages.
at the time it was to help with hubby leaving living on my own etc.
thing is being a big worrier im thinking do i still go ahead with appointment or will it effect my op. i have been accepted for op but dont want anything to happen and make them change their mind.
sorry to sound so stupid but know you guys will be able to help:eek:

seeing a councilor should not effect your chances of having wls, many different people have wls with all different problems and see a councilor as well x

I would definitely keep the appointment with the counselor. Look at this way, if you can help get your mind in the right place, then you will be even more successful with WLS.

Dont cancel! Use it to discuss your food issues - I had counselling for nine months prior to op and it helped loads - may very well ask for more in the near future. Op fixes your body but not your head!

thanks guys such a worrier xx

Definitely go to the appointment. Some peeps have to go to councilling as part of their weight loss surgery journey so if your surgeon requests you do the same then you will already have your foot in the door so to speak. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Back