• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown

wandering daisy

I am having WLS surgery (sleeve) on 3rd November. Im nervous, excited,worried and sometimes a little teary. I know its the right thing for me and have done my research. It appears from everything Im reading on here that its the best thing people have ever done (aside from the first couple of months) I guess Im just looking for confirmation of that Wish me luck Daisy x

lots of luck and welcome

All the luck in the world, im sure you won't regret your decision!

24 hours post op...feeling a bit ropey. Particularly the nausea. Hope i have done the right thing x

Hey Daisy

You'll be good. The first few days you still have the anaesthetic in your system and that makes you feel dead ropey. What helped me get through it was taking on fluids as soon as I was allowed and also getting on my feet and pottering as much as possible ASAP as that helps with the wind aspect too.

I promise each day will get better, by 3 weeks you'll be feeling good and very happy x

I hope so, right now i feel shocking. Will do as im told, head down , keep moving and drinking water. My tummy is swollen. Im not very good at sitting still ggrr x

I have to say I thought it was quite painful the first few days and worried about what I had done but 2 1/2 months after sleeve I'm very glad. Stick to the rules they work, keep walking, deep breathing. My tummy was swollen for at least a few weeks x

I hope so, right now i feel shocking. Will do as im told, head down , keep moving and drinking water. My tummy is swollen. Im not very good at sitting still ggrr x

Yeah your tummy will be very swollen. My waist was an inch bigger coming out of hospital than going in! Things that had felt loose on my tummy going in were suddenly tight. I spent my first 3 days post-op in jammies and pottering around the house with a bottle of water in one hand.

You will be amazed though how quickly you start to 'come good'. After about 3 days of release I suddenly started to feel a lot better.

Lots of water, lots of pottering!

I am feeling loads better
Slept really well last night
Im surprised at how much i am eating
Actimel, soup, yog, water, smoothies
All going in fine
Still a bit uncomfy around tummy but not nearly as bad
Be glad when injections are done
Thank you to you both for the replies
Nice to know im not the only person in the world doing this :) x

Hey wandering daisy - I'm coming up 2 weeks post op and all the things you felt, I felt too - but now I feel like normal - bar a little bit of discomfort if I have to bend over. Ready to go back to work on Monday.

Good luck with your weight loss journey - there are quite a few of us who have just had our op so we're all in it together :) xx

Ohtobeslinky...Thats so good to know...I have a toddler and we are both missing cuddles , he doesnt understand why I cant pick him up either bless him...but I cant believe how much better I feel than I thought I would.
So excited for the future.
Please stay in touch
Xx

Back