• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP has referred me but what next\/

Well after plucking up the courage to make a GP appointment re my weight. much to my disbelief she agreed to refer me to Mr Small at Sunderland Royal. someone has told me that i will go to a seminar first but i havent had a letter or confirmation of referal or anything. only saw GP on 21st July and was a little worried that the receptioists werent sure how to make the referral as most things are done through self referral now. anyway they disappeared into an office after spending quite a while on the PC only to return and say i would recieve a letter? very excited but nervous about the whole thing x:p

:welcome2:
Hi Lea and welcome to the site i hope you find it as helpful as i have. Good luck with your wls journey.
Marie.

Our Liz (justliz) has dealings with the SRH support group. She'll be able to point you in the right direction...

Great news on your referral xx

just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey luv! x

HI Lea and welcome. Well done on getting your referral, it's the first step.

Yes your next appointment should be to a seminar. I'm not sure how long you'll wait. After that you get your first proper appointment.

The whole process from refferal to surgery date has taken me around 18 months. For some it's a little longer,.for some a bit shorter.

Best wishes with it and keep us in touch with how its going.
Charis xxx

Back