• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ANY TIPS WHILST WAITING

SHARONA

Hi all Im just wondering is there any thing I should be doing whilst Im waiting to start pre op and being dated for surgery?? Ive have done a lot of reading on here and did some research . Should i be trying out a day liquid diet?? Should i be trying out the vitamins? I know i have to up my exercise etc, just so want to be ready when the day comes and be mentally and emotionally prepared. Im not feeling overly excited at mo but people tell me thats normal at this stage. Its not going to be for a at least four months but we all know four months fly. Any advise or sites or books people can recommend esp to do with emotional wellbeing with bypass surgery greatly appreciated.

Hi all Im just wondering is there any thing I should be doing whilst Im waiting to start pre op and being dated for surgery?? Ive have done a lot of reading on here and did some research . Should i be trying out a day liquid diet?? Should i be trying out the vitamins? I know i have to up my exercise etc, just so want to be ready when the day comes and be mentally and emotionally prepared. Im not feeling overly excited at mo but people tell me thats normal at this stage. Its not going to be for a at least four months but we all know four months fly. Any advise or sites or books people can recommend esp to do with emotional wellbeing with bypass surgery greatly appreciated.

I havent had my surgery yet, and will be a little sooner than yours but so far I have went on a low cal diet for last week, reduced my carbs to little and started drinking a protien shake for breakfast each morning.

I have also begun taking a multi vitamin and reduced diet fizzy soda to 1 a day, dropping to none next week. I am also switched to decaff tea.

i have lost 8lbs so far so i guess it all points in the right direction.

I am planning on increasing exercise by small walks and increasing each day until have better fitness levels to increase it xx

Hi Sharona,,
I am the same most prob will be having my op about same time as u.. Had my first app last week for bariatrics going again on weds and felt I should be doing something.. Suppose it's normal as this means so much for me as just want to do things I am so restricted now..
So today I started high protein low carb so prepare me for my life after op.. Thinking to start exercise slowly as don't want to over do it as have 3 kids and don't want to make myself feel to rotten with carb detox.. He he he..
Wish u all the luck on your journey xxx

Waiting is the hardest part I think. I used to think that the endoscopy, target weight loss and the constant round of appointments would be hard going but it's not - it's actual quite comforting. With every appointment you know you are a step closer.

Small steps hunni whatever you choose to do will all help in the long run :) i spent hours here reading past posts, old diary's, reading the good stories and the bad. I took baby steps to up my exercise......got myself an exercise tracker and began logging my food intake :) I also prepared by cutting down my portion sizes and practiced the eating slower ........... i booked myself some counseling via my gp to run along side my op. I attended all the support groups the hospital held, took their advise on absolutely everything :) ok so the wait is excruciating lol but it soon whizzes round honest lol i also was told to start my multi vitamins before hand ............. i guess the rest was preparing practically ................getting the bits and bobs i needed plastic containers, blender, pj's blah blah .........
Wishing ya all the best time will soon fly promise x x x

Thank you all Im taking small steps each day . I know Im going to find the 4 week liver shrinking diet hard but Im going to have to persevere with it after all after my op Im going to be eating less. I think I really need to sort my addictive head out.

Back