• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couple of questions

Kath in Buxton

:confused:
Firstly I'm on the low-carb/low-fat version of the pre-op diet, and have just finished day 3. I feel really tired, listless, have a headache and feel really yuck.
So I was wondering if other people felt the same way??

Also I have a couple of food allowance questions.

Are we allowed oxo, soy sauce, baked beans or marmite??

I'd be really grateful to anyone who can help me with this.:sign0009:

Hiya, I was very tired on the pre-op diet, this is due to the low carbs and the fact your body is missing them!

It does pass after the first week and the hunger too is not as bad.

I was allowed oxo, soy sauce and marmite (blergh! lol) on my diet but not the baked beans. You must check with your weight loss team.

Keep up the good work, you are doing great, and honestly it does get easier :eat:

I survived mostly on homemade chicken and veg soup (minus the root veggies) its filling and can be eaten in between meals if hunger takes over. I also ate tons on sugar free jelly (cant stand it now lol)

Keep at it, it wont be for too long x

My surgeon and dietician relented and included two new items on the low carb diet one was a small tin of baked beans and the other was some low fat salad dressing on the salad option.

If I had been able to get the bread down with my tight band I would have been over the moon to have beans on toast.

Get in touch with your dietician and tell them that Spire Yale hospital allow them and see if it makes a difference :) Good luck

:confused:
Firstly I'm on the low-carb/low-fat version of the pre-op diet, and have just finished day 3. I feel really tired, listless, have a headache and feel really yuck.
So I was wondering if other people felt the same way??

Also I have a couple of food allowance questions.

Are we allowed oxo, soy sauce, baked beans or marmite??

I'd be really grateful to anyone who can help me with this.:sign0009:

Are those items on your list? if they are you can have them, if not then you should consider why. Some of the items your wish list are full of sugar. Remember this diet is to remove the toxins from your liver and allow it to shrink. You feel tired because of your low calorie intake and the headaches might just be carb cravings. Stick to the diet sheet you were given and you'll be ok, stray from it and you might not.

It's only two weeks you'll be fine. Good luck x

Well Oxo and Marmite are full of salt, and I know beans have some sugar, but you can get a low sugar variety. Soy sauce I haven't a clue what it contains except Soya Beans . . . I'll ring the dietitian tomorrow and see what she says.

my last day on pre op diet tomorrow, and then just liquids for 24 hours til my op on wednesday,,,, dont know if this will help ,but i found butternut squash,on my list,really filling , when roasted with other veg,,,,,also i made roasted crisps out of it , and had them as a healthy snack,i wasnt allowed any beans but i was allowed tinned tomatoes ,,which made an unlimited soup to have during the day ,i can honrstly say i dont feel hungry , just have to sort out recipes that suit you , good luck love xxxxxxx

my last day on pre op diet tomorrow, and then just liquids for 24 hours til my op on wednesday,,,, dont know if this will help ,but i found butternut squash,on my list,really filling , when roasted with other veg,,,,,also i made roasted crisps out of it , and had them as a healthy snack,i wasnt allowed any beans but i was allowed tinned tomatoes ,,which made an unlimited soup to have during the day ,i can honrstly say i dont feel hungry , just have to sort out recipes that suit you , good luck love xxxxxxx

omg how exciting starr!!!! 3 more sleeps :D xxx

Wow, just 3 days!! How are you feeling? I have 11 more sleeps and am excited with a few nerves thrown in. Really wishing you all the very best of luck xxx

i can honestly say ive never felt so happy and excited in my whole life ,i have this great feeling of new beginnings ,,,the only thing that it matches is the birth of our kids or my grandbaby,,,i have no doubts or worries just completely sure this is the right thing for me ,whatever it brings ,,,it was a no choice ,choice ,,,,,hope everyone gets this feeling near their time,its amazing , and thanks to everyone on here ,dont know how id av coped without all the info,laughs,tears,arguments and goodwill,so thanks all,wont ever forget the journey to this point and look forward to the next part , xxxxxxxx

Best wishes Dawn, See you on the bench :):)

Starr, I wish you all the luck in the world love. You have been so supportive of others and now it's your turn. Wishing you a complication free surgery and a speedy recovery, can't wait to hear all about it xxx

Wow!! I kind of already feel a little like that I have 10 days to go yet! I'm just hoping that the time passes quickly.

The thought that keeps coming to me is how life changing this will be. I know what you mean about the birth of the children. That was such a major change, and this will be too.

In fact to be honest the last time I felt apprehensive excitement anything like this was leading up to my wedding to my 2nd husband in 2007!!

No added sugar squash xx

Back