• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1 of pre-op diet

Grace

Well, I've done it! Maureen at SRH gave me special permission to do the low carb, low fat, low sugar diet for one day only because I was at my brother's wedding today.

So I had
B - 1 weetabix, i diet yoghurt, Lady Grey tea (no milk)
L -melon balls
small piece chicken, small potatoe, carrots, leeks and green beans (at the wedding, specially prepared for me)
sugar-free jelly (I took my own!)
S - few grapes and strawberries

drank water and diet coke. Just having a last cup of coffee with a splash of milk now before bed.
Tomorrow it's on to the milk diet for the next 9 days. :D

I'm really pleased with myself. Being at the wedding and watching everyone else eat was kind of hard...but I'm SO totally motivated to stick to the pre-op diet to make sure the surgery goes ahead and is successful, that I managed to eat what I was allowed, enjoy it, not feel deprived and actually feel full!

The evening buffet looked delicious and in the past I would have got loads on my plate....but I wasn't going to eat anything at all (thinking there wouldn't be anything suitable) and didn't even LOOK until my darling hubby came through with the fruit for me.

Well done you! Wont be long now and you will be on the other side taking your seat on the loosers bench! x

Day 2 (but sort of Day 1) !!!!

Because I was at my brother's wedding yesterday, I began my milk pre-op diet today.

It's been ok, by and large. In fact, I'm actually feeling quite full! I can see it's going to be a bit boring by day 10, but it's actually Day 3 tomorrow! So it's going fast!

Woohoooooooooo!!! :D

I'm on my way!

Pre-op appointment on Wednesday!

You did so well to be good at a wedding...many people would have crumbled, good on you for not. Also, God bless your fella for bringing you fruit. :)
You are going to do soooooooooo well on this journey, the fun starts here :):):).
Steph xx

Well done Charis, the boredom seems to be the thing that gets most people! I will soon be finding out! - Paul x

well done charis!! the end result is soooo worth it hey good luck hunni x

Day 3

Thanks to all you lovely people for all the great encouragement.

It's day 3 of the milk diet today and beginning to get boring!

+ I've just driven back from Cardiff so it was tough not being able to eat as I get hungry and thirsty driving..........and when we stopped at the services, men had pizza hut and chips, whilst I had a latte, yoghurt and a banana!:D

It wasn't easy...but the hubby and lads are great, so understanding and concerned for me. I'm one very blessed lady having such a fab family! :cool:

...so I suggested they have a lovely curry tonight as it's a bit late to be cooking after such a long journey!......but the smell is going to be a challenge!

so far today I've had:
2 small glasses milk, 1 orange, 1 small glass orange juice, diet yoghurt, tea (no milk), coffee (splash of milk)
banana, muller light yoghurt, latte coffee
raspberries, sugar-free jelly, diet cuppa soup.

2 more pints of milk and another piece of fruit to go!.........I'll be stuffed! :D

sorry if this is boring...but posting on here is keeping me going and my motivation up!

oooo charis your travelling upto sunderland to? my drive is between 4/5 hours! but its soooo worth it! long old day hey, im stuck actually as my next appointment is 3 days before the hubba is back so im gonna hve to be fluttering my eyelashs soon! for a lift big old ask! of anyone x

oooo charis your travelling upto sunderland to? my drive is between 4/5 hours! but its soooo worth it! long old day hey, im stuck actually as my next appointment is 3 days before the hubba is back so im gonna hve to be fluttering my eyelashs soon! for a lift big old ask! of anyone x

Yes Kelly, lots of traveling!
Where do live now honey? I have to drive to Sunderland on Wednesday and then possibly AGAIN on Friday (as I've just got an appointment to see the bariatric nurse as well as my pre-op on Wednesday, but I'll be ringing to see if it can all be fitedin at th same time)

It takes me about an hour and a half there and then the same back (LOL well it would wouldn't it! :D)

and then again on Monday but that's for the actual admission!

Day 4 of pre-op diet, Day 3 of milk diet, and I'm seriously struggling!

BUT NOT AS YOU MIGHT THINK!!!!!!!! I'm actually struggling to eat/drink everyting on the list I'm supposed to! I'm supposed to have another yoghurt but thre is just NO WAY I can face it!

Weird huh? I'm just not hungry at all! Just forced some low cal vegetable soup down because I wanted something savoury. I thought this diet would be absolute hell....but honestly I'm finding it a doddle, just a bit boring.

Had a banana and strawberry smoothie earlier with 2 portions of fruit, milk, and ice cubes. 1 banana was too much, it drowned out the taste of the strawberries. I couldn't finish it!

ahem...a little side-effect I'm finding is that I'm rather windy!

Hoping that's going to settle down. :D

:)Charis you're doing great-struggling to eat!!!
can't wait to be able to say that:)

:)Charis you're doing great-struggling to eat!!!
can't wait to be able to say that:)

LOL Poppet, I can't believe it too!

I think it's the milk is making me feel REALLY full! :D

I'm loving it!

Day 5 (Day 4 Milk Diet)

So Day 5 /Day 4........

and I got weighed at SRH.....and was .2kg HEAVIER than yesterday in BOOTS! :eek:

I am seriously MIFFED!

But trying to realise that the scales won't be exacty the same, that TOTM is late, etc, etc.

But I'm frustrated!...........when is this big weight loss going to materialize?

Could've chewed off OH's leg earlier....himself sat eating a burger and chips in Morrisons in Sunderland.......while I had a latte coffee and a few strawberries!

AND why has this NEVER happened tome before?

We wandered into Morrisons cafe just as it was closing...they'd just reduced all the sarnies to 99p and all the cakes to 45p!

Talk about "Get thee behind me, Satan"

But I resisted!

I've decided I DON'T LIKE YOGHURT !!!!!!!
Blurggghhhhhhhhhh :sick0019:

Hi Charis, you can have fruit?? Lucky you hunni, I wish i could, i have been told nothing more than 4 pints of milk,2 oxo's, and a yougart, well apart from sugar free drinks.
I tried diet coke yesterday, yucky yuck yuck, I'm on day 6 today and although i'm not as bad as i was days 1 2 3 and 4, but i'm still scared to prepare food for other people incase i pig. Soo glad its going good for you hun, more power to you. xxxxxx

Hi Charis, you can have fruit?? Lucky you hunni, I wish i could, i have been told nothing more than 4 pints of milk,2 oxo's, and a yougart, well apart from sugar free drinks.
I tried diet coke yesterday, yucky yuck yuck, I'm on day 6 today and although i'm not as bad as i was days 1 2 3 and 4, but i'm still scared to prepare food for other people incase i pig. Soo glad its going good for you hun, more power to you. xxxxxx

Thanks so much K8y bear. Yes I can have 3-4 pieces of fruit a day, that has to include grapes, orange or banana...I think that's to keep the potassium levels up pre-op. I can also have diet vegetable soup in moderation. I have only been having that once a day but I have to say the savoury taste is absolutely fabulous!

I hope you're feeling better honey. I don't really prepare food for other people, hubby does all the cooking.....but I'm going to to try to make some low cal soups for next week when I come home today.

I think i read on one of your posts that you had made a smoothie? Well you are an angel!!!!
I put two small weight watchers yogs in half pint of milk and blended the hell out of it for breakfast....Yummmmmmm. Then i had veg oxo and another yog smoothie for lunch, and i'm going to do the same for tea, OMLG (oh my lady Gaga lol)
the taste sooooo good. so thanks for that idea, i feel like i've had a treat!! Plus it's filling xxxx

I think i read on one of your posts that you had made a smoothie? Well you are an angel!!!!
I put two small weight watchers yogs in half pint of milk and blended the hell out of it for breakfast....Yummmmmmm. Then i had veg oxo and another yog smoothie for lunch, and i'm going to do the same for tea, OMLG (oh my lady Gaga lol)
the taste sooooo good. so thanks for that idea, i feel like i've had a treat!! Plus it's filling xxxx

My absolute pleasure! :D

I think I shall have one myself tonight.

milk, yoghurt and some fresh strawberries for me. YUM!

They're VERY filling aren't they!

WoW !!!!!!! I'm ridiculously pleased, I managed to help someone pre-op! YAY!
:talk017:

And I hope to do lots more of that...

as well as get lots and lots of post-op help!

Not long now eh, K8Y Bear!

day 8 (day 7 milk diet)

wow I can hardly believe I've got this far! This has to have been one of the longest weeks of my life!

but it's nearly over!

just had a nectarine smoothie for brekky and I'm completely STUFFED!

I'm going to go swimming later as I think it'll be my last chance for a while.

not to be gross....but I'm amazed that the old bowels are still regular! :

somehow I don't think of milk as food.....but of course it is.....but I expected to not poo because of the milk diet. I'm happy to report all's normal.

Just wish the old totm would come. I have horrible tummy ache but nothing else.

Knowing my luck, it'll start Tuesday morning.

ah well.........

Hey Charis, you have indeed helped me my lovely, the milk shake idea is just the best, i have one for brecky, an oxo and shake for din dins and the same for tea, and as atreat a large one for supper. And yea i thought i wouldn't, you know..."go" But as you i am happy to announce, My bowls are feeling tickity Boo Boo!! lol
Not long indeed, i shall be keepin my eyes open for your updates, good luck for Tuesday Charis, all the love in the world xxxxxxx

Back