• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CPAP MACHINES

njs74

Fatboyslim
I know that this a weight loss forum, but does anyone have a cpap machine, I get one tomorrow, and wondered if the mask is easy to sleep in.

i have one the mask is ok you get used to it. only annoying whan i cant get to sleep quickly. ive had two different masks that just cover the nose the straps stretch. i take it they want three months data from it before you get on the surgery waiting list.
good luck with your journey
dave

Why would you need a CPAP machine ?? I thought CPAP was airways support..Is it for sleep apnea ??

There are two machines one for testing if you have sleep apnea and the other is what you sleep in every night to help you breath etc if you have severe apnea. I had mild apnea, which was enough to secure funding but I did not require the machine. To be honest they look kind of bulky and I was so glad I did not need one. xx

The first time I read the title of this thread I thought it said CRAP Machines lool and was wondering what the hec that was all about lol

DUuuuuUh @ Me

Hi

I have a CPAP machine - The mask is a little uncomfortable at first - it was quite hard trying to breath through my nose and not my mouth, but you get used to it. You should start to feel better almost immediatly. I have severe obsructive sleep apnea and was sleeping so badly that i woke up feeling "hung over" most days - Feel so much better now. I've had my machine since June 08. Its relatively quite and its quite compact, its sits on my bedside table easily. Good luck with it.:4635:

i have a cpap machine been on it since june i have very bad sleep apnea and havent slept for years and did not know why it is the best thing i have ever had you look a little like darth vader but it is fab it only took me a few days to get use to and i sleep like a baby i am dreading to give it back as the weight comes of you will soon get use to it and then you will love it as you will sleep so well good luck with it all
alison

I have my first machine now, I have to go back and change it for another one in two weeks. I have been told that I stop breathing 50 times ever hour. My son thinks I look like a OOD out of Doctor who.
I will let you all know how I get on.

I only had apnea mildly and always woke up with the sickly headache and feeling hungover, since my surgery I have not felt like that at all its amazing how just dropping a small amount of weight can affect this...I now have loads of energy as I sleep better at night...just wish I could sleep when I have been working nights...again only got 4 hours and bright eyed and bushy tailed just now lol..xx

I had a cpap as I suffered from sleap apnia quite bad, I even fell asleap standing up once and fractured my ankle.....pmsl, anyway I couldnt get on with mine so never really used it.

Back