• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cpap masks - what type you got

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

im struggling with my cpap mask, keeps blowing air at night, i have the one over nose and mouth - I want to try another mask, i feel this one is hard to breath, and when i move this one moves and blows, can anyone suggest a good one, I breath through my mouth.

Thanks x :553:

Hi

I have the same type as you and have found that since using the mask I now breathe through my nose. Try going to your clinic and asking for them to check your mask for you. You will hear some air blowing through as it has escape holes just above your nose but if you're a mouth breather I think you will have to have one of the ones that covers your mouth and nose.

this mask does sound the best for you bex. Like the above comment, you will feel a breeze of air coming from the mask but if you feel like air is escaping from inside the mask then it needs tightening x

Might be best if you go back to the sleep clinic. I had the same trouble and found out that the mask I had was a size too big. Try not to over tighten the tapes on the mask as this can cause pressure sores on your face (been there done that.......and now have scar next to nose under my right eye). Try not to be too put off, I was lucky and got used to the cpap straight away. Once u get everything right you'll really feel the difference.
Chin up chicky:)

I've got the full face mask too as I'm a mouth breather, it takes some messing around with to get it just 'right'. If you're struggling to breathe with it before you drift off to sleep get your hospital to turn on the ramp feature if it isn't already as this helps ALOT!

H xx

Thanks, I go back 2 weeks today, will try different mask, when you say full face does that cover eyes and everything x

This is the mask I have

ResMed-Mirage-Quattro-Full-Face-CPAP-Mask-Front.jpg

mask

mine similar but has not got the top bit on forehead, does this stay in place better with it x

resmed-mirage-quattro-fx-mfg-mask-frame-right-profile.jpg

Oh hun i can understand, i did 4 hours with mine, but i defo need different mask, but can honestly say i feel better today not so tired. Here if you want me xxx

BEXS99 said:
Oh hun i can understand, i did 4 hours with mine, but i defo need different mask, but can honestly say i feel better today not so tired. Here if you want me xxx

Hi I gave up after 20 mins throat went dry trying to choke .well try again tonight

I would say that the one I have stays in place better than the one without something on your forehead. Another thought, try to drape the wind tube over the top of your bed (headboard) that way you will be able to turn more freely without it pulling

NEDebz said:
I would say that the one I have stays in place better than the one without something on your forehead. Another thought, try to drape the wind tube over the top of your bed (headboard) that way you will be able to turn more freely without it pulling

Hi same as the one in the picture you put on here yesterday I will try that thanks

Yeah the same as that, you also might need a humidifier to stop you feeling dry, its just a small water reservoir that attaches to the machine and stops you breathing dry air

Back