• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Crackers or crackerbread?

Karen19745

Do you think I will be ok eating crackerbread or crackers with philli cheese or pate? I'm 4 weeks post op, or do you think I should wait another couple of weeks before I try anything like that?

Was you given a post op diet sheet telling you what steps too follow from your wls in the early few weeks???

When doens your guide from the hospital say you should eat solids? I wouldnt try them for another week or so Karen.
They are brilliant though, I ate a lot of Matzo's and crackers. They don't seem to have the same negative effect on me as bread does. I dont know if they have any yeast in them or not, perhaps thats why. I had a stage about a month ago when I could eat little bits of bread but now I can't tolerate it at all so I might have to go back to Matzo's myself.
Lynne xx

Well it says to have soft cheese and pate but doesn't say how to eat it (confused!)

Hi Karen.
At 4 weeks I found I could eat small melba toasts without any problems.
I also sometimes use an iceberg lettuce leaf in the place of bread/crackers. Just as something to 'put stuff on'

I think it isnt a good idea to eat 'raw' bread so soon. I remember trying melba toast and that was ok for me too, but I found it to be a bit too sweet.
Odd things our tummies arent they?
Lynne x

I think it isnt a good idea to eat 'raw' bread so soon. I remember trying melba toast and that was ok for me too, but I found it to be a bit too sweet.
Odd things our tummies arent they?
Lynne x

I am 11 weeks out and still can't eat normal, raw bread.

I can eat the weight watchers danish bread raw (malted or white) but find it better if I toast it.

I also have problems with Rice and Pasta, so I avoid them.

Thats exactly the same as me Jay, thank you. W/watchers bread is the only kind I can eat and I actually prefer it toasted. It is easier to digest. Lovely with a bit of scrambled egg and grilled bacon on it.
Lynne x

Karen I'm 8 weeks out now and can tolerate most crackers and also had ryvieta for the first time yesterday. I will have them with laughing cow light, low fat pate and low fat peanut butter and find they are filling and don't make me sick.
xx

Thanks everyone, I will get some melba toast and try that, Karen x

Back