• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Serial Cereal eater!

jillyjellybaby

Hi all, i'm 18 months post band and i'm eating cereal at least twice a day EVERY day!
Had a small fill recently (0.5ml)
My band isnt too tight, i seem to crave sweet things, i was never a sweet tooth before the band.
Even now id rather have a bowl of frosties instead of a choc bar. I think i'm eating the cereals instead of biccies or other sweet goodies because i'm telling myself i dont want to go down the sweetie path.
I need to get out of this habit but am finding it too hard. I'm wondering if psychologically i'm telling myself 'its only a small bowl not a large plate'

Breakfast one slice of toast.. leave more than half.. get cereal!

Lunch not much maybe crackerbread and cheese

Eve meal - salad and protein

Late evening.. i'm up till 2am.. amnesiac
try apple .. throw it
try crisps .. choke
more crackerbread/ryvita
sniff biscuit tin
get Cereal again!!
Anything available- special K, shreddies, weetabix, all the bad ones too - crunchy nut etc.
What can i replace my precious cereal with?

I had the band due to back probs, low bmi (34), self pay, lost approx 40lb.
now at size 16 from 18/20 exercise daily.

What can i eat serialy (as in constantly lol)- i need to replace my obsession.

cereal is a slider food and will drop straight through the band once soggy and allow you to eat more, its just as bad as a choc bar and frosties is the worst thing you could be possibly eating, the sugar content in cereal is disgusting and i only recently realised how high in sugar cereal was since i converted from a band to a bypass as simple kellogs cornflakes made me dump due to the high sugar content, cereal is a "easy option slider food " for banders because sometimes banders cant cope with the feelings of restriction normal food gives and revert back to sloppy slider foods, you need to learn to listen to your body and learn how to cope with what your pouch tells you or have a little taken out your band, and remember to chew solid food more as it will be more comftable. i would try to cut the cereal out as it may stop the weight loss, well done on the exercise every day though.

Good Luck

Liz x

I've been having the 'cereal' debate too for quite a while now... so many hidden sugars and I was horrified to see 'chocolate weetabix' advertised the other day... yuk!

It's a great shame that the manufacturers don't take the opportunity of making cereals, generally more healthier... even Special K... I stretch myself to have one weetabix with a touch of splenda sweetener... but that's my limit right now.

I am hoping to make my own muesli when I can find an appropriate recipe mix.

Some cereals are so high in sugar and it worries me to think our children are also been given these cereals... some of which claiming to be healthy.

Love, hugs and good luck xxx

Welcome aboard !
No 1 I think you need to see your doc about some help with the sleep problem as that would solve a lot of things right from the get-go.
Please feel free to come and join the banders , a gang of us are logging what we eat and do daily to help each other keep on track. The link is under my signature plus also check out Mazza's bander food tips also under my sig, it is a really good helpful guideline xxx

Last edited:
Back