• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PLEASE HELP :-(

Hi :)
I'm 8 weeks post op. RNY GASTRIC BYPASS
Just can't seem to tolerate foods at all.
I'm living on crackers and cheese slices.
Since the bypass, I've been suffering from severe gas and diarrhea. My Surgeon and Dietician both keep saying "It'll get better". I'm feeling so depressed and constantly have an upset stomach and bowels. Starting to really regret this op. Can anybody help me? Suggest food that I should eat? I'm not having any fats or sugars but seem to have dumping syndrome constantly. PLEASE HELP :-(

Not sure if this helps but i had a severe case of diarhoeaa post op! Turns out i had a bout of lactose intolerance for a while. It did go after a while.

Maybe try a day or two using lactose free milk and dairy products and see if that makes a difference? Is there anything that can be prescribed for your wind? Also moving around can shift trapped wind...

As for food, check out this site, www.bariatriccookery.com

She has recipes for each stage of the journey, it will help you with ideas as to what to try and eat. Just remember only a teaspoon or two to start. Little and often and no drinking 30 minutes either side of eating!

hi princess, why not trying to take a step back and go onto the puree stage to see how you do... and julie may have a point about the lactose, try lactose free products for a week and see if that makes a difference..i know many people who take longer than what would be considered the normal to get back to normal so you wont be alone... crackers are carbs so try and limit them and try some more protein ...hope your cheese slices are low in fat also.. we are here for you xxxxx

Back