• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cramp??

didi

Does anyone else suffer with annoying and painful cramp in your legs at night. It's driving me mad.
Just can't seem to get a good nights sleep.

GP said my calcium levels were low but I've been taking calcum supplements regularly and it's still not cleared up. He's given me quinine tablets but they don't seem to do much to help.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

i suffer too would love to know why ?

Didi hi don't know if this is the same but i get stomach cramps when i eat something i should not have .but i have had them in my legs before my op and was told it was not enough water intake .but now i am drinking more i do not have them hope this helps

Omg, I always get cramp in my calf muscles at night. Its agony :eek: I always put it down to being in a wheelchair most of the time. Maybe it is not enough fluids or lack of calcium, Im going to ask the GP next time I see him :D x

I assume he has checked your electrolites if he has identified a low calcium? Keep your salt intake up in your diet, drink loads of water and do some exercises on those muscles before bed...stretching against the wall, cycling movements or even 5 minutes of step on the bottom stair can help.

Rx

I always used to get really bad leg cramps when I was on a low carb diet.

So, because just now I am on a pretty low carb diet I take Holland and Barrats Magnesium and Phosphorus tabs every day. They are the little tiny pills that just disolve on your tongue, I take six each night with my other pills and I have not had any cramps since my op. Yehayyyy!

I guess if you didnt want to take more pills you could try upping your carbs, but its not easy when we are told to focus on protein all the time! LOL!

Hope this helps!

omg the calf cramps are sooo painful, I dont get them regular but when i was preggers i had them a few times and by heck i could have cried .........

I get them while low carbing... I have to up my salt levels to stop them. Using a bouillion drink helps if you don't want to add salt to yr food. x

Dottiechic, can i just ask huni, are you in a wheelchair all the time, or can you manage to get around with other aids in your home. i know i can manage ok at home, but i do have a tri walker if i need it, but normally i just use the furniture if i need to. hugs x

Hi, Im not too bad in the home, I have a stairlife etc. I can walk a few steps holding onto furniture etc so Im luckier than some :D X

Back