• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Restless arms & legs

Tezza

Does anybody else suffer with restless arms or legs? I'm 4 1/2 months out an the last month I have been so restless come bed time, I'm fine until I lie down then my arms start. My other half keeps asking me why I'm dancing. I've just had my bloods checked an waiting on the results as doctor thinks it could be to do with vitamin levels. It's driving me crazy, I'm so tired an my elbows are so painful the next day from all the moving about I do. It took 3 hours to get over to sleep last night.

Omg totally me! My legs get so bad sometimes I take muscle relaxers to sleep x

I've bought some nytol herbal tablets today on advice from the chemist. I need to sleep its driving me crazy. Do you get muscle relaxant's from the doctor or over counter?

I get diazapam from the doctor. But, if I don't have it use the nytol one a night. I don't think the herbal works for me. X

I'll try them tonight an if they don't work I'll try the one a night. I wasn't sure what to get, I was worried if i get addicted as I liked the tramadol the hospital gave me on discharge an could of easily carried on taking them, not because I was in pain just because the knocked me out an I had a good nights sleep with them.

Really? Tramadol does nothing for me. Adam gets them for his back I can take 100+mg no effect. I pretty much need to be darted in the neck with a tranquilliser gun. Lol

Oh god they really did, I got some more from the doctor and he wouldn't give me them when I asked for a 2nd time. My other half asked me to stop taking them as he said I looked grey, I pleased in away the doctor said no as 4 months of taking them nearly every night I did have some withdrawals. I've took the nytol an I'm waiting for the effects, hope its a good as the chemist said.

I have restless leg syndrome. They drive me crazy every evening and night. It get worse when my ferratin levels are low. I take a medication called Ropinirole.... which is used to treat Parkinsons. Tests showed my legs where moving every 10 seconds. That and the sleep aponea I'm shattered! But the biggest problem is the Cpap machine. Because I move so much I can't keep it on (not that I need much excuse not to use it) I haven't used it in 4 months and rarely before that.

I have restless leg syndrome. They drive me crazy every evening and night. It get worse when my ferratin levels are low. I take a medication called Ropinirole.... which is used to treat Parkinsons. Tests showed my legs where moving every 10 seconds. That and the sleep aponea I'm shattered! But the biggest problem is the Cpap machine. Because I move so much I can't keep it on (not that I need much excuse not to use it) I haven't used it in 4 months and rarely before that.

I feel your pain. My ferritin levels were really low they said last time, hope there is something they can give me to stop it it is driving me mad. I was the same with the cpap machine, I used it in the hospital an maybe a week after but not used mine for 4 months, I'm back to the sleep clinic in November I'm sure I will be in trouble but I think I sleep better without it. My boyfriend said I don't snore anymore so hopefully that's the sleep apnea gone, they did say I only had it very mildly to begin with.

I missed my last sleep clinic appointment. I'm so ashamed. They told me last time if I didn't use it I could have my driving license taken off me. I can't manage without my car My joints are too painful. I know I sleep better without the mask . Then I read a posting on here that said that they won't do your by-pass if you're not using your cpap machine as you should.

I missed my last sleep clinic appointment. I'm so ashamed. They told me last time if I didn't use it I could have my driving license taken off me. I can't manage without my car My joints are too painful. I know I sleep better without the mask . Then I read a posting on here that said that they won't do your by-pass if you're not using your cpap machine as you should.

Have you not already had the op?

No......I had my pre-op back in July. Saw the cardiologist and an anaesthetist..... and still nothing. I'm so fed up with the whole situation. I see people on here starting their new lives and I'm so jealous. But then again I'm so scared of having the operation too. I worry about all the things that could go wrong.....scared of dying. But I'm dying in this body anyway.

No......I had my pre-op back in July. Saw the cardiologist and an anaesthetist..... and still nothing. I'm so fed up with the whole situation. I see people on here starting their new lives and I'm so jealous. But then again I'm so scared of having the operation too. I worry about all the things that could go wrong.....scared of dying. But I'm dying in this body anyway.

You'll be fine, i was the same. did a will, sorted all finances etc with the other half an im only 33 but i thought i would be the unlucky one that wouldnt wake up. I was 25st 2lb on surgery day an I survived you will too. but if I could give you one bit of advice it would be use your cpap machine. I had my op 10th April, after 18 months of waiting after referral. I mentioned in my pre-op I hadn't been using the machine an she went off to talk to a doctor not my surgeon an he said to make sure I bring it in. Anyway morning or surgery, the surgeon nearly cancelled as there wasn't a bed in Intensive car available but the anaesthetist was happy as he said I was young an fit enough. Apparently I had breathing problems in recovery an the surgeon said if he had to do it again he wouldn't operate until I was fully using my cpap machine. I would hate for you to get so far an be delayed because of that machine. Make an another appointment an get something your happy with even just till surgery.

I'm so glad someone else feels or felt the same. It's so good to talk to someone about it all. Thank you x.
I'm 45 and 22 and a half stone. My weight has been creeping up for years. Like everyone on here I've lost weight ...put it back on....lost it .... put it back on........ I've tried WWatchers, Calorie counting, Xenical, starving myself...... I think I've tried just about everything... except making myself sick. As the weight went on my health deteriorated and my mobility worsened. I struggle with pain every day and take enough pills to make me rattle.
I feel like my mind is alive but my body is dying.

I'm so glad someone else feels or felt the same. It's so good to talk to someone about it all. Thank you x.
I'm 45 and 22 and a half stone. My weight has been creeping up for years. Like everyone on here I've lost weight ...put it back on....lost it .... put it back on........ I've tried WWatchers, Calorie counting, Xenical, starving myself...... I think I've tried just about everything... except making myself sick. As the weight went on my health deteriorated and my mobility worsened. I struggle with pain every day and take enough pills to make me rattle.
I feel like my mind is alive but my body is dying.

Hang in there it won't be long, ring the hospital an chase them. I was on the phone constantly for 6 weeks before, I think she even recognised my voice in the end. I put 7 stone from stopping smoking an went upto 28st at my heaviest. Lost a bit preparing for surgery. I only left my house to go work for 2 years prior to the op as I couldn't walk more then a few steps without been breathless, there's no keeping me in now. I've lost 7st 3 in total so far, still along way to go but I wouldn't change a thing now. Admit tingly it took till about 2 weeks ago to really understand how my body works with bypass but I have no regrets at all an would do it all again tomorrow if I had to. Yes I've had ups & downs emotionally but defiantly more ups an each day I just feel so much better. Sort out your cpap and getting chancing the hospital. If there is anything I can help you with, send me a private message if you want. Xx

Im glad you have shared this because ever since i had my bypass i have been getting it in my arms. Its only when i lay down and it drives me mad. No matter how hard you try to keep still you just cant do it. At first i thought it was just the needle i had in my hand but it has carried on since i had that out x

Im glad you have shared this because ever since i had my bypass i have been getting it in my arms. Its only when i lay down and it drives me mad. No matter how hard you try to keep still you just cant do it. At first i thought it was just the needle i had in my hand but it has carried on since i had that out x

You have my sympathy. It only happened for me when I laid done too. Then I tried nytol and I actually think that made it worse. When I had my bloods done at the hospital they said I was low on magnesium and gave me a prescription for some tablets, within a few days / week I didn't notice it anymore and have not suffered since.

Back