• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alice's Story

Hi Alice , gosh what a pain for you, I have been told to go back once a month. I dunno wether a combination of the other banders and my advice via our dieticians would help you, it cant vary that much I dont think. I had my first fill yesterday and was told that it would either be my 2nd or 3rd fill that would suffice. I believe the guidelines I got were that I could eat a three small healthy meals a day and lose around 2lb a week on the ideal fill level. Mine was 5 and a half mil . I dont know if that is helpful to you?

Thanks Neen. I am so pleased I have you guys to advise me...

How was your fill? Do you feel much difference in restriction now?

Alice xx

No worries Alice :) Well it hurt a bit but it was very quick. At first there was too much in and it was a weird sensation..I sipped a bit of water and had tons of burps (which is good apparently as it means something is going through) It felt weird though, cant describe it very well! burped my head off lol (cringe) and then he took some out, (I had the needle in still as I sat up and he drew some out when I found it tricky to swallow the water. When I felt it go down properly he removed the needle. (ick) It was ok. I feel fine today, definately can feel some tightness and I just had a small pot of rice pudding and feel very full (if I ate anything else I would definately hurl!) but I am able to sip water and I feel ok in myself. Excited to lose more.
Any thing you need Im sure we'll all dive in and share the advice we have had x

Hello everyone,

Firstly, let me say sorry for not being around much the last few days - I went back to work this week and life has been a bit frantic. Today's my first chance to properly catch up with things on here... and when I'm done here, to catch up with the housework and the ironing (priorities, hey!).

Things are ok for me on the Band front. Thank you so much to those of you who have contacted me with advice about where I can get support and band fills done. I've got some great options now so that's really reassuring.

I guess the biggest thing for me at the moment is that I have hardly any restriction from the band. I had an x-ray last Thursday and the liquid I drank just went straight through the band. I guess that explains why I've not been losing much weight the last week or two.

I saw my surgeon last night at Dolan Park and he said that I should move onto solid foods now, to see how much restriction I have then, because it seems that mushy foods are just going straight through the band. We went to the pub for dinner after the consultation and I ordered salmon with new potatoes and broccoli - and I could eat half of it. I know that's miles less than I would have eaten before the op, but I still feel like I should have more restriction than that. My surgeon has advised I wait another week or two and then get a radiological fill done...

I know I am just being impatient and I've got to look at the big picture. But I can't help but feel disappointed when I see the other banders on here losing stacks of weight, and my scales have been static for aaaages! I guess I do feel a bit better since discussing it with the surgeon though.

Anyway, I am off to tackle the ironing now.... oh joy :)

Alice xx

Hi Alice Im glad your feeling a little better after seeing your surgeon. I have been feeling the same as you seeing everybody's losses and how well their doing I dont feel any different and am sure I haven't lost anything in the 2 weeks since I had the band fitted maybe some of us wont feel the full benefit until after the fill, but hey slow and steady wins the race and Im sure once we've had the fill we will start to see the results.
Lesley x
ps enjoy the ironing

Hey Alice, you are still doing well hun. It is not a race - see how you get on with solid food - i know that now I am eating more I seem to be losing more bizarrely. I also worry that I can eat too much now - food and drink all seems to slip down oh so easily now and it is onlyy willpower that is stopping me from the cakes and so on now. Chin up hun, and take your own advice about looking forward to our skinny minny shopping trip next year - keep the long term picture in mind and all will be well xxx

Ola Alice, I can eat loads now again and its only normal !! U have no fill, the swelling has gone down and to be honest your just like a Stomach with a bracelet on you won't have that much restriction. Its perfectly normal and u might find now your eating that weight does move a bit. Were all different mate and how u feel is the same as me food wise. After a fill you will or should go back to how we felt when we first were banded. if not another fill and so on till that restriction is right. All is cool and your doing fine. Had a checkup with the clinic yesterday and i can pass that info as above coming from Peeps in the know. I'm having a fill in 2 weeks so maybe think about getting one too from the place i PM'd u about. I'll let u know how i get on when i'm filled :) just been so busy with work and getting back to normal now...no time to post and i feel so bad sometimes !! Like i've upped and buggered off now i'm banded !! Everyone was so helpful and i wish i could post like i did before but i suppose not being sat at my computer for 24hrs a day like before did help and its just not possible now . Glad your ok and Text me anytime if u need anything etc. mwaah xxxxx

Hello mate, I know its hard not to compare but you must not think that way lovely girl. You are doing everything the same as me and we are all different when it comes to weight loss. It will work and u know it will. Once were filled things will become a lot more clearer and u wait next year when were bothing scrambling around Karen Millen trying on every outfit...I'll remind u of this moment cus its only a moment and not forever !! We will do this Alice !! However long it takes....We'll get there :) xxxxx

Back