• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

crisps!

seawaves

ok i seem to have found a new addiction its crisps :break_diet:, i've always enjoyed crisps, but chocolate was my thing pre-op, i have tried chocolate just one square & it didn't excite me the way it use to (this was a big relief!) however i seem to have trouble with finding things to have as a snack, its not that i'm hungry but i get to a stage in the day where i feel weak, so i try & eat something but of late i've found i enjoy crisps, which i don't want to do, can anyone suggest something that i can snack on, i do have an apple or banana but just fancy something a bit different sometimes :sigh:
Thanks in advance :D

Well I was such a crisp addict pre-op I knew Id have to find something that I could snack on! What I have are the Ryvita Minis......they do Salt and Vinegar, Sweet Chill and Cream Cheese and Onion is the third one (I think)! I buy the Salt and Vinegar ones in a six pack and whenever I feel like having crisps I have a bag of these......they are so much better for me! They are ok in fat and sugar content and around 100cals :D Its Win win for me as it keeps me away from the devils food (crisps!) You could also try a few nuts, get your mind out of the gutter laydees I mean peanuts etc with nothing added. They are quite high in fat but if you are only having a few as a snack they are ok. Ive heard Macadamia nuts are the lowest :D Good Luck on kicking those crisps XX

Have you tried Snakajaks, their bacon flavour is new and very nice too xxx

Could you try a few nuts instead? or have a drink? Or maybe a few snackajacks/rice cake thingummys? A Babybel light cheese or a light yoghurt?
I know you've done fantastically well so far, but starting to snack again won't help you continue to do so well.

I almost went down this road a few weeks ago, and had a slightly mad week and a half diet wise. But I've nipped it in the bud now. I'm finding I often mistake hunger for thirst.
Love n hugs
Grace xxx

I cant tolerate crisps after my banding, not that I ate em much pre op anyway ....... hows about some veggies cucumber/carrots/celery etc with hummous or something kinda delicous like that, there are soooo many varieties out there... Hope this helps a little as I wont understand fully wot u r going through because I dont like chocolate either and never been a sweet eater........all the best seawaves - Julie xx

Ok here comes the bad girl i eat crisps every so often, i either have walkers baked ones or some of the lower fat such as quavers or discos. I used to eat snack a jacks but i may be wrong here but i think some of the crisps i've mentioned are just as low as Snack a jacks. I'm still a firm believer in everything in moderation and treats are still in my menu x

There are some soy crisps from morrisons that i buy, i think they are Morrisons own brand and they are GORGE!! They are only around 70 cals a bag and come in cheese and onion flavour and sweet chilli flavour. Both are fab. As someone else said, snacka jacks are lovely and good calorie value. There are some teddybear crsips that are incredibly tastey and are something like 70 cals, i think they are for kids but i love them. They taste a bit like quavers (which are also good) but arnt as expensive.

xxxxxxxx

Morrisons do a crispbread like french toast low cal and crunchy,great with hummus, cottage cheese etc

the little pots of ready cut fruits available in most supermarkets make a great snack, I've never been big on fruit before, but quiet tasy a nd satisfy the cravings.

I also have dried apricots, nuts or a cereal bar.

What about a little bit of cereal, either with milk or dry, i must admit i still have the occasional biscuit or a couple of pringles, but the difference is i can stop at one biscuit or two or three pringles, marks and spencers do some lovely hummus with bread sticks they are the best i think i have had and reasonably priced aswell. Or a lovely treat is a minimilk only 30 calories and really tasty. xx

pombar or something like, they are German I think lol Havent had those for years!

Yes those!

i bought a multipack from home direct the other day - prawn cocktail flavoured and they were chuffing amazing! :rolleyes: xxxxxxxx

Im a bad person - I love crisps, I could have eaten a 12 pack pre-op...Im still a crisp addict, and still eat them! Just not 12 packs a day though!

I love melba toast , they come in pack of 4 or special k with or without milk, wotsits are low in cal to x

Thanks for all your replies i went to sainsburys today i bought a bag of mixed nuts, some snackerjacks, cuecumber & fruit, i have put little bits of everything into little plastic pots, so hopefully i will stick to small amounts!! & have something a little healthy when i feel the need!! ;)

I'm saying snack a jacks, ryvita with a spread of hummus or low fat cheese spread, brazil nuts are yummy and quite satisfying or alternatively for a sweet kick take in a pot of ready made sugar free jelly and pour a bit of low fat/cal yoghurt on top to make it feel like a little piece of heaven :) Personally my fave sweet treat is chocolate orange fromage frais with chunks of fruit to dunk in :) xx

Back