• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woman can't lose more weight (after gastric sleeve) unless she is given more benefits

chivasgirl

'I can't afford to live healthily' says £600-a-month benefits woman who lost weight after free gastric band surgery | Mail Online

This woman has had a gastric sleeve. I'm sorry for the negativity but I have NO sympathy for her, and can't believe she would even go public with this sort of talk...

From the article:

"But the 25-year-old, who receives £600 a month in benefits, is unhappy because as a result of losing weight she can no longer claim disability allowance amounting to an extra £340 a month.

This, she says, means she cannot afford to eat healthily - causing her to pile the weight back on.

'I can't afford to buy WeightWatchers crisps and cereal bars any more so I eat Tesco's chocolate bars and packets of Space Invaders crisps, sometimes four of each a day', says Laura, who spends seven hours a day watching TV.

'People ask why I don't snack on an apple - they're cheap, but emotionally I don't always feel like an apple.'"

I didn't realise it was more expensive to buy fruit & veg than chocolate. Grrrrr :mad:

Back