• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Curry

deepblue

Can anyone tell me a good recipe for curry that can be used as soon as I get to the eating stage in 3 - 4 weeks I am absolutly desprate for a curry

Hi
I don't have a recipie as such, just use curry powder, tinned tomato's & what every meat/veg I have handy.

Thanks Gail

hi, I'm a curry lover aswell, and in the early stages i was having Heinz Mulligatawny soup (hope i'v spelt that right).

I make my own chicken curry every monday and it lasts me 3 days, I love it and it goes down a treat.

Brown & soften a chopped up onion
Add cut up skinless chicken thighs
I then add a chopped up red pepper
You can add anything really, corgettes, peas, carrots etc.
½ pint of chicken or veg stock
Squirt of tomato puree
Add curry power
Garlic, powdered, paste or fresh
Chilli powder
Coriander, dried or fresh
Garam Masala powder

Simmer for a hour on a low heat.

If you like it creamy you can add some low fat creme fresh.

Experiment, thats what I do. I never measure anything either, I just taste as I go along.

Enjoy xx

This post made me crave curry. I brought a jar of ready made tikka masala paste (the stores low fat version) and am going to enjoy my chicken tikka masala tomorrow and probably if i'm lucky a few days after too :)

Not sure about the naan bread though lol xx

Had a go with the Mulligatawny soup and it made me crave a good curry sooner lol

I make my own chicken curry every monday and it lasts me 3 days, I love it and it goes down a treat.

Squirt of tomato puree
Add curry power
Chilli powder
Garam Masala powder

Experiment, thats what I do. I never measure anything either, I just taste as I go along.

Enjoy xx

Mouth Watering cant wait to try it

I would advise staying away from the 'shop bought' jars. I use them myself sometimes for the covenience, but they contain an excess of salt, additives & oil which does nothing for the digestive system. Try making your own with fresh spices and plain yoghurt, maybe some dhall to thicken. Please contact me if you ever need any recipes. This applies to anybody out there in WLS land. If I can help, I will! - Paul x

Paul i'd love a nice curry recipe, not too complicated if you can? I'm a middle of the road curry lover - tikka masala, dopiaza kinda gal here, you can keep your tandoori's lol xx

I would advise staying away from the 'shop bought' jars. I use them myself sometimes for the covenience, but they contain an excess of salt, additives & oil which does nothing for the digestive system. Try making your own with fresh spices and plain yoghurt, maybe some dhall to thicken. Please contact me if you ever need any recipes. This applies to anybody out there in WLS land. If I can help, I will! - Paul x

I also use jars/paste (Patak's) for convenience as the method I use to make my own curries involves cooking onions, ginger & garlic for several hours then blitzing before adding passata & spices, so is quite a lengthy process.

Would love a quick cook recipe if you have one please :D

Paul i'd love a nice curry recipe, not too complicated if you can? I'm a middle of the road curry lover - tikka masala, dopiaza kinda gal here, you can keep your tandoori's lol xx
I also use jars/paste (Patak's) for convenience as the method I use to make my own curries involves cooking onions, ginger & garlic for several hours then blitzing before adding passata & spices, so is quite a lengthy process.

Would love a quick cook recipe if you have one please :D
Oooh yes a simple but healthy and tasty curry recipe would be VERY welcome in this house too :) Rx

Ditto!!! :D

Hi Paul could you send me some recipes

Squirt of tomato puree
Add curry power
Chilli powder
Garam Masala powder

Enjoy xx

Made a curry tonight using this recipe but added some creamed coconut and it was lush. Thanks for the recipe:D

Back