• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cycling

Expensive?

I think my daughter is having my bike, I have never riden it and have had it for two years.
Nothing expensive, but a bike nonetheless lol.
Lynne x

Nahhhh, its too hilly here and I once fell off a bike on a three week tour of (flat) Holland and scrawped my knees, the heels of my hands and my CHIN!! I was mortified. lol.
Lynne x

My first hubby used to race. That is a long time ago though.
Don't think it is for me but you sound as though you have been enjoying it. Must be a man thing. Waiting now to be corrected by the ladies. lol.
Lynne x

My hubby is still really onto his cycling. He built up to over 100 miles each week now and is 5+ stone down since Xmas. He bought and used clets (what ever you call them?) and special shoes this week for the first time and he said it's really improved his stamina on hills. He weighs less than me now (he's 6' and I'm 5.2') and this is the first time since we have known each other (15 years).

One down side, he was knocked off his bike last night and was shoved by this aggressive bloke. Thank fully my hubby didn't retaliate and so not too hurt. The police are coming to interview him later as my hubby reported the assault.

Once I get down a bit, I'm seriously considering buying a bike and joining him on some runs :)

One down side, he was knocked off his bike last night and was shoved by this aggressive bloke. Thank fully my hubby didn't retaliate and so not too hurt. The police are coming to interview him later as my hubby reported the assault.

I hope things work out for hubby . . . was he hurt? He should put a claim in. There are some aggressive drivers out there . . . I have had a few arguments but they always seems to back down ~ typical bullies! xx

He told me this driver side swiped him which knocked my hubby off his bike and it damaged his bike a bit. My hubby could tell he was going to do it and unclipped his shoe and as he was coming in the side of him, my hubby shouted and banged down on the car side. I guess this is what got the driver irate as he jumped out of his car and ad my hubby stood up brought his fist back to punch him, but must of thought twice and just shoved my hubby. Totally in the wrong yet no apology and the nasty aggression to boot! Sigh! Hubby was just a little sore from the fall but shaken by the fella's aggression. :-(

I hope he got the plonker's reg number. Some cyclists are nutters but so many more drivers are completely nuts, totally oblivious to other road users. I used to listen to my mate who cycles 100 plus miles every week moaning about drivers all the time, but it was only when I took to the road on two wheels again myself did I realise he was dead right. I've nearly been knocked off mine several times by drivers who either didn't see me or didn't give a toss.

Knocking him off his bike is one thing, then assaulting your hubby is just stupid and this guy deserves to pay the penalty. Let us know how he goes on.

He told me this driver side swiped him which knocked my hubby off his bike and it damaged his bike a bit.

Damaged his very exspensive bike quite a bit you mean ;)

Hope it gets sorted soon and doesn't put you or him off cycling.
Keep us posted.
Lynne x

Kevin1708 said:
Well 40 miles (just over) last nignt . . . loved every mile. Hope to be able to do coast to coast next summer. Great form of excersise and fun . . . x

Good for you Kevin :). My hubby is not far behind you too, he did a 30 mile ride on Saturday and is talking cycling to Blackpool this Saturday which is 45 miles. I wish him luck as he has a couple of saddle sores at the moment :-(. My hubby is also contemplating doing the Coast to Coast next year too so good luck to both of you building up your distances. Xx

Oh I thought I was doing well with 35 miles a week , now I think I have a long way to go lol

Think my bike is too small for me, so need to get a bigger one.

Best I eat more wheatabix to keep up with you guys and girls oops.

Back