• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

in prep

funky24

well in prep for my operation, i want to try and up the exercise etc :) i love walking and cycling but i struggle to walk 1 cos of my weight and 2 cos of my bad back. tomorrow i am getting a exercise bike so im hoping to get as much use from it as possible! :) dont know how many calories il burn but if i just keep pushing my self i gotta get some where eh...x

Good luck. Can you swim? If not I do water workouts & did this pre op to get fitter. I had chronic sciatica & could hardly walk so excercise was difficult. Now still doing water workouts & running. Yeah can't believe it myself!

hiya hun im not a very strong swimmer but i can do a bit i have degenerative disc disease and severe sciatica, its just getting to the pool and its £6 now :O lol but i was only talking about going the other day to my partner x well done you i love being in the water

Good for you funky24. I've just started exercising again myself and like you struggle with certain exercises due to my weight and my poor old joints. Try not to worry about how many calories you are burning, just moving around is exercise and will require energy. Getting your heart rate up with low impact aerobic activity, like your exercise bike, for around 20 mins will not only burn calories but your body will continue burn calories afterwards.
Be gentle with yourself; 20mins gentle cycling will do you more good than 10 mins of cycling like Victoria Pendleton.
I found a few videos on Youtube helpful to follow. There're helpful for showing various exercise routines, timed classes and for the motivating music that usually accompanies them- it all helps take your mind of your aches n pains. I've just had a look on Youtube and noticed there's a few cycling workout videos.

Don't forget tht you can get a referral to your local gym/swim classes from your GP on medical grounds & you get 12 weeks free.

i just dont want to put on any more weight between now and pre op appointment lol panic is my middle name haha thankyou for your reply, il look on youtube tomorrow :) x x

Back