• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

D.J.DAVE.

David Evans

Hello my name is David but all my frends call me D.J. as for being a disc jockey for twenty pluse years.my full time work was a lorry driver for customs an excise. I have arthritus im my right knee and slowly but surely developing in my left as well .im just one thousands but i need help .not being able to work any where the weight problem i kept at bay all the time i was working has now ballooned buy five stone in two years because of lack of excorcise how do you make people understand if your stuck in a chaire for twelve hours a day because you cant work any where without two walking sticks and no more than ten feet without needing to sit down how do i excorsise to help me loose my weight ive done diets yes i lost a few pounds but then i get bored and i eat ive ask my gp for help with the answere is proove to us you can loose weight . Ive applied for n.h.s. For gastric buypass no show us you can loose weight you get dispondent you eat so where do i go my gp ask me to join this fitness club .so i phoned spoke to the head trainer exsplained what i needed it was gyme fitness it was long distance running every thing a american boot camp could offer and he laughed when i told him i cant go ten feet without too walking canes .so im pleading with the hospital and frends on here to help me im 54yrs of age im 5' 8" tall and im 24 stone with a 60+ " waist can some one please help me be able to be able to play football with my ten year old son which ive never been able to do thank you so much for reading this

Hi dave,
Welcome to the forums, I am new here myself, but already finding comfort from finding support and advice in a non judgemental environment. Theres lots of reading and information to discover !
I have arthritis in both knees too and was referred for a knee replacement 5 years ago which was declined because of my weight. Its now affecting everything and its too painful and embarrassing to exercise. However, since starting this journey I have started using a wii fit system at home.
Now I can puff and pant in private, and pace myself with seated exercises, as well as it being fun with my kids sometimes

When Im thinner I cant wait to go swimming ! Fantastic for dodgy joints.

Oh DJ i totally understand W what you ate talking about! I'm 38 and I've been suffering with degenerative joint disease for 27 years. I have never been small and always had issues with my weight. It took me a long time like give years cause of my insurance. But nowi have been approved for the surgery and its been a long haul. But i just want you to know you got my support. I'm not from your pay of the world so I'm not sure what you have to do to get approved but keep fighting with doctors insurance companies and try to start a diet consuming protein first. Eat small portions no bigger than palm of hand and drink 48 ounces of sugar free drinks and water and try chair exercises that's what i do and I've lost 12 pounds in 6 months it was slow but good for me and those with issues like ours. I wish you best of luck and I hope you get approved for surgery.

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

Hiya DJ Dave, we all understand the struggle. You've just applied for the funding? so it's early days? There might be a long road ahead but it's all worth it in the end I promise. Do everything you need to do. Best of luck x

HI dave... Has the nhs said how much weight you need to lose or for how long they need to see you dieting and trying before they will fund a gastric bypass?? You will need to visit your gp regularly and get him to record your weight and your losses, or maybe ask him if he can refer you to an nhs weight loss programme if they run one in your area, as that will all help towards your funding..

Good luck, I really hope you get your funding quickly.. xx

Back