• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to forum Off to Docs on thursday

piratess

Hi im 35 and live in hampshire.. Ive struggled with my weight for over ten years my
BMI is 39 im over 15 stone and only 5f2

Ive done WW SW numerous times ive also done reductil (gave up due to horrendous headaches) did xenical nothing happened ... ive done CD ...

I am so fed up of losing the same 2 stone time and time again
Ive started overeating and im off to the docs on thurs morning as i feel i just cant cope with life anymore i just feel i want to run away and hide or just stay in bed and let life pass me by ...

I would love to be able to afford an gastric bypass (im a sweet craver) ... but i just do not have the funds, even if i saved it would take me years and years ...

i feel i am at a complete loss ... my breathing is suffering if i lay on my back at night sometimes i wake up trying to catch my breath, the ball of my right foot feels like somone is pushing a hot poker up inside it each time i step i can feel the left side of my lower back crunch sometimes when im walking...

sorry to go on ... i had some paperwork from WLS and Spire group offering 0% finance but not even sure i could get finance ...

hope i can see a light somtime soon :(

So glad you've joined up and shared your frustrations. There are so many people like yourselves out there.

Good luck in your progress and keep us all informed :)

Lovely to 'meet' you and hoping that you find the solution to your wls journey... there are so many of us on here and all coming from different locations and wls directions... i hope it will be helpful for you, it certainly has been to me...

With every good wish to you xxx

Good luck chick - post and let us know how you get on. I just said to my GP 'Do you think weight loss surgery might be suitable for me'? and that was it all systems go.

Linski xxx

Hi and :welcome: to WLS, good luck at the doctors....please feel free to ask for any advice or information :D XX

Welcome and lots of luck at the doctors, let us know what he/she says.
Theresa x

hi and welcome. I do hope your GP is helpful. I just asked 'on the off chance', feeling very much the same as you do. I'm now 10 weeks post bypass. Do let us know how you get on. xxxxx

Hi and welcome. Good luck at the docs let us know how you get on.

I just want to thank everyone for the lovely welcome to the forum it is trully refreshing...

I got back from the docs at midday and spent half an hour in her office crying i felt so silly ... Dr told me i was unwell and not to worry about people in the waiting room,
She says i have depression and has prescribed me some tablets, ive never been medicated for depression before ...

I explained about the feeling or being worthless, unlikeable, unloved, and how i have an overwhelming urge to run away .. and she listened and provided tissues she was lovely ...
She said that she understand that how i feel is largely to do with my weight and asked what diets i had tried so i reeled off my list ... she suggested maybe trying one of them that worked for me the best and to go and see her weight nurse and then return to see her in 4 weeks ..

Before i left i made the passing comment about needing to save up because i was seriously considering surgery and she said "lets not go down that road just yet" .. so now of course i am holding onto those words! ...

wouldnt she have just said no ??? .....

she has signed me off work for 2 weeks and says that she will refer me for CBT when im feeling a little more stable to address self esteem and confidence issues ..

Has anyone ever had this ? i dont even know what it is ...

Thanks to anyone who manages to read my babble xxxx

Reactions: Bev
Hello love...

Many of us have started right where you are now.

Floods of tears in meetings with our doctors and wondering if we are losing the plot.

Perhaps the doc just wants to lift you a little before embarking on surgery... give it a go... try and help yourself and do what you can to show your doc you are serious about weightloss and exploring wls.

It's easier for us if you fill in the details on the cp as it gives us an idea of how far you have to go with your weightloss etc...

Please don't feel isolated and alone... depression so often goes hand in hand with weight issues and don't ever feel as though there is no hope in sight... I started where you are and at least you are flagging the problem up now and starting to deal with it... sending you a loving hug... Bev xxx

hello and welcome to the site
i was gonna say good luck with ur dr but then i read that u had already been to see her.
well it seems to me te dr is deffo goin to help u, i think that she said lets not go down that road when u metioned wls is beacuse now this might sound a bit mean but u dont have much weight to lose, weight loss surgery is a big thing and i think the dr wants to try differant avenues with u first to see if theres another way of helping u without taking the big steps into weight loss surgery, i think once the tablets start helping ur depression then maybe ur be feeling more up to trying to loose the weight without wls, i completly feel for u hun as ive tried diet after diet and pill after pill and the weights come off but gone back on with intrest lol so now all i can do i hope and pray i get the wls ive got over 10 stone to lose!!!
ur be ok ur drs on ur side and im sure they will help u in every single possible way, ive come across a few ppl on here that aint had wls but lost the weight just with help and support form weight management programmes or the dr and theyve lost like 11 stone and when i see that i think why carnt i do that??? its very frustrating.
good luck with ur journey and i hope u start feeling better really soon im sure ur be on here soon saying how much weight u have lost and how great ur feeling, enjoy ur time of work relax and have some u time
take care hun and dont forget we r all here to offer each and everyone support on here xxxxx

thanks everyone for the replies .. Laura what a lovely honest post, 5 stone isnt alot to lose your right but its alot for me ....
Im only 5f2 and i dont even know what my weight is for sure right now as i wont weigh ... maybe i should ... i just cant get the courage up.

Like you ive tried every diet time and time again get so far hit a wall then regain with more besides.
Good luck on your journey hun and thanks so much for posting it means alot knowing people are actualluy reading :)

Back