• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass info....pre op!

wencho

hi all....im in need of a bit of info about the bypass process.

went to doctors in march for help on weight and i have been referred to a local weight management team in aid to help lose weight, on mon she also referred me to a bariatric team (awaiting app).

i had a consultation last fri and a fitness assessment tues gone.
i start the programme tuesday coming which is 8 weeks long and i have to lose a certain amount (not sure on the amount yet), during this 8 weeks i should recieve app with bariatric team for assessment there aswell.....im unsure what happens after ive seen them and completed the 8 fitness?
do i get an app date for surgery if im eligable or is there more weight loss programmes to do?

thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi,

I see you are in Newcastle? you have to show you can follow the programme and then choices are made from there. When you meet the bariatric team they will be able to tell you more. but I think the outcome will depend on how well you do on the 8 week programme xx

yes im in newcastle....did you have to do it this way too?.
i think different regions seem to go through different processes to get the op.
as im only at the start of the process any info would be grately appriciated.....also any diet tips/recipies that are successful yet tasty lol

Sunderland but i know you have to follow a weightloss programme before you are referred by some GPs.

hi ya im in walsall i approached my gp last sept about my weight and end of jan started a 6 month weight managment programme (diet and exercise) i have done just over 3 months and not lost any weight only a few pounds but by using the gym 4 hrs a week i have lost 5 inches off my tummy and 3 inches off my hips (not a lot i no :( ) so now have a referal to see dr heartland to discuss weight loss medication or the possibility of weight loss surgery

hi ya im in walsall i approached my gp last sept about my weight and end of jan started a 6 month weight managment programme (diet and exercise) i have done just over 3 months and not lost any weight only a few pounds but by using the gym 4 hrs a week i have lost 5 inches off my tummy and 3 inches off my hips (not a lot i no :( ) so now have a referal to see dr heartland to discuss weight loss medication or the possibility of weight loss surgery

have you been given a set amount to lose yet?
have you seen the bariatric team yet?
ive not officially started the exercise and diet with the weight management yet, start that tues but i have managed to lose a few pounds since my assessment on fri 8th just by watching my portions and eating more fruit n veg and no choc!! lol.....i also bought an excercise bike to use at home at my own pace rather than feeling out of place at the gym with being so big.

was given 5% in 1st 3 months 10 % by the end of the 6 months course. Dr heartland who i will see the 26th april is a bariatric consultant so fingers crossed hey ,my couse is with "heartcare" and they have a gym that i have to use twice a week with a personal trainer hard work but feel sooooooo good when i have done it

have to keep a food and drink diary and times i eat , and an exercise diary too but because i have not been loosing i have also had to calorie count last few months too im on 1,500 calories a day

uve still lost whatever way you look at it, so well done and keep trying :)
how are you finding calorie counting? i used 2 get confused so started buying everything weight watchers or if it stated how many calories were in that item without having to work it out lol

true ,true yes still a loss, calorie counting ok as i done it before but i know i need a permanent tool to help me keep my weight off im just hoping dr Heartland agrees xxxxxxxxxx

true ,true yes still a loss, calorie counting ok as i done it before but i know i need a permanent tool to help me keep my weight off im just hoping dr Heartland agrees xxxxxxxxxx

i hope he agrees aswell...keep me posted on how you are doing and if you need any help/encouragement feel free to message me....could use extra support aswell as the support i have at home......i hope i manage to keep it up and get the op...its hard work losing so much without medical interference!

im not sure yet as i still need the bariatric consultation app to come through post unless they tell me on tuesday when i officially start the weight management prog but i pressume its the bariatric team that tell you?

i need to loose half of me 12 stone and no its not easy at all i no but theres a lot of support on here hun and always an answer, help and support x

my own personal goal in time will be 10 stone...meaning i need to lose 9 stone.
not sure what the "medical weight loss" will be to make me the ideal weight for my height (5ft 6")

Hi i am going to sunderland, i must admit i did it different i think i went to my doctors and she refered me to mr small at sunderland i went to the seminar in june 2010. From there i had to try and lose just some weight and i lost 5lb, i went to se the dietition who looked at what type of eater i was and, then was sent away to lose another 7lb. I was 1 pound from this when i went to see the consultant and was given anothr chance but this time i had to lose a stone before next time, i am 3 pound off this but i have not got my appointment yet, he did say i would have been given a date for my bypass on that date had i reached my goal weight, nedless to say i was upset that i had failed, but i ill get my date if i do it this time, i am determand to this time.
Hope this helps a little

Hi i am going to sunderland, i must admit i did it different i think i went to my doctors and she refered me to mr small at sunderland i went to the seminar in june 2010. From there i had to try and lose just some weight and i lost 5lb, i went to se the dietition who looked at what type of eater i was and, then was sent away to lose another 7lb. I was 1 pound from this when i went to see the consultant and was given anothr chance but this time i had to lose a stone before next time, i am 3 pound off this but i have not got my appointment yet, he did say i would have been given a date for my bypass on that date had i reached my goal weight, nedless to say i was upset that i had failed, but i ill get my date if i do it this time, i am determand to this time.
Hope this helps a little

how long would you have had to wait 4 opp if you had reached your goal?
im waiting for my seminar app to come through post...should be within the next week or so i hope, im hoping it will be a fairly quick process since im already starting with the weight management team and dont need to wait the usual 4-6 weeks for a start date...think my doctors must just do it the other way round lol.
how long until you have to complete this goal?
im sure you will do it this time.....good luck :)

Back