• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daily calories after bypass

jenny17

I have seen a lot of posts from people whose post-op weight loss seems to have stalled and they have been advised to eat more, which has worked.
Can anyone tell me approx how many calories should be aimed for after a bypass? If it differs from person to person, will your team advise you on how many you should have to lose the optimum amount?

My team told me to aim for 1,000 to 1,200 a day when I went for my six month check. I don't often manage to get to 1000 and don't think I have ever got to 1200, but she insisted that we should be eating 1000 calories as a minimum.

Thanks very much for that. I have been using myweightlosspal which is fantastic. I have it set at 1200 Cals at present (pre-op) but have never thought about making sure I have a minimum, until I read the posts to the contrary. It always felt like the lower the better, but clearly that is not the case.

My team told me to aim for 1,000 to 1,200 a day when I went for my six month check. I don't often manage to get to 1000 and don't think I have ever got to 1200, but she insisted that we should be eating 1000 calories as a minimum.

i was told exactly the same particulaly as my exercise burn was fairly good too

Back