• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DAILY CALORIE INTAKE !!!!

BlueDiamond

hello there

as some of u are aware i was in hosp recently and even though i been good watching me fat content i never given it a moments notice to how many calories i been consuming on a daily basis.........and then it dawned on me ..........i do not even know what my daily calories intake should be (bad ,i know) now i am 5 ft exactly and weigh 12st 13lbs , i am right in thinking weight and height comes into it ...soz am not clued up, as you can guess.....any tips or info from you very wise people out there would be gratefully received.........have a nice day xx

all the best - mejulie xx

the recommended guideline daily amounts for an average adults is woman 1500-2000 and men 2000-2500.

chuckles i am laughing at the amounts i am lucky to do 6/700 a day since my bypass

and i think it needs revising women can be far more active then men. the more you do the more you burn off

yh i certainly think recommended calorie amounts should be revised, who knows when they were devised

the calories i quoted was for adults of a normal healthy weight, i dont know what julies actual calory intake would be for her hieght & weight.

chuckles liz i realised what your quote was for as its what i already knew, just amused as it varies so much, and people themselves have different metabolic rates.

Hiya!
I think we are around the same height and weight...I was in hosp recently too and saw the dietician and she advised me about 1000cals a day and 90-120g of protein ;) HTH
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

My friend is doing weight watchers and we worked out That for my bmi I should be on something like 3200 cal per day. this is a far cry from the 1000 cal pre op diet I'm following.

You could try a w w web site and put in yr details and see if it come up with something more realistic than the perfect body maitainance no. for miss average!

if you go to theis websire you can put in all your details and it will tell you exactly how many calories you should have for a good weight loss. You can also use it to keep track of your food and it will break it down into the different food groups and tell you gram wise how much fat, protein, carbs etc your eating.

Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss

hth xXXx

Hi Julie - hope you now know what's what about your calorie intake!!!!! how is your gall bladder at the moment? hope it's behaving itself xx

00ee2f0d.gif

HELLO TROUBLE (YES YOU TOPSY)

ME GALL BLADDER IS OK ATM (THANKS) GOT ME APPOINTMENT FOR SURGEON NEXT MONTH...................SO NOT LONG TO WAIT ...HOWS YOU BTW...........I NOT SEEN U ONLINE MUCH , PASSING LIKE SHIPS (YES SHIPS, NOT SH*TS) IN THE NITE...........HA HA EVEN THOUGH I NEARLY WROTE IT..............DON'T WANNA BE REPRIMANDED ....LMFAO
HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOUR OK ON YA MILK DIET.................ALL THE BEST - MEJULIE (JULES 2 U )
laughing_hyiana.gif

and i think it needs revising women can be far more active then men. the more you do the more you burn off

Womens bodies are designed to better store fat. To accurately calculate how many calories you need a day to sustain weigh ( not lose or gain) you need to calculate your body fat index, i've got a calculator that i can email to anyone thats interested that you enter your details into and it will show you how many calories you need to sustain weight and how many to adjust it by to lose, but its based on normal body absorbtion, and relies on you knowing your body fat content ! so not much good for bypassers, though interesting stuff.

Oooohhh yes plz ss.... I would be most grateful, as i am looking to lose no sustain weight.....any tips gratefully received............all the best - mejulie xx

womens bodies are designed to better store fat. To accurately calculate how many calories you need a day to sustain weigh ( not lose or gain) you need to calculate your body fat index, i've got a calculator that i can email to anyone thats interested that you enter your details into and it will show you how many calories you need to sustain weight and how many to adjust it by to lose, but its based on normal body absorbtion, and relies on you knowing your body fat content ! So not much good for bypassers, though interesting stuff.

Back