• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

daughter's graduation

topsy

A week today is my daughter's graduation and we have booked to have lunch in her favourite italian eatery.

I will be 4 wks post op this coming Sunday and start of the sloppy stage - have been having thickened soups and weetabix so i will stick with soup on the day. I have looked at their menu and they don't do mash but they do do a baked salmon do you think this would be too much even if i mash it up within an inch of it's life?

Congratulations to your daughter Lesley on graduating. you must be so proud. I'm not going to advise you as I'm not familiar with the bypass stages and would'nt want to tell you wrong. Good luck and I'm sure someone will advise you soon. Take care xxGaynorxx

You could phone ahead and ask them if they could do you mash, explain that you have had gastric surgery and cannot eat solids. Most places are good, if you explain. Saves the worry of will you dump or have problems.

Congratulations on your daughter's success - a big day! Hope you have a nice time x

Hi Topsy
Can't believe you have had weekabix already, well there is no stopping me now! Hope your daughter has a great graduation and a lovely meal

Anez xxxx

A week today is my daughter's graduation and we have booked to have lunch in her favourite italian eatery.

I will be 4 wks post op this coming Sunday and start of the sloppy stage - have been having thickened soups and weetabix so i will stick with soup on the day. I have looked at their menu and they don't do mash but they do do a baked salmon do you think this would be too much even if i mash it up within an inch of it's life?

Hi Lesley

Glad to see you are doing good.

And congrats to your daughter too.

You know most restaurants will be only too happy to prepare you something to accommodate your needs if you ring them well in advance...

Just tell them you have had a major operation and can only manage certain foods right now (you don't even have to tell them what you've had done.

Hope it helps.

(((hugs)))

Well i got sick of your energy lol so i tried a milky weetabix and it was fine just like soup really xx

Yes i think i will do that - see if they can do me a nice italian mash!!!!

Congrats to your daughter Topsy, Hope you all have a lovely day to remember.

Well done on your weightloss btw you LOSER YOU!

The advice others have given sounds good to me :)

Xx

Hi Topsy

no food advice I'm afraid, but just wanted to say have a fantastic time with you Daughter on her graduation day.

I went to both my younger Brother and Sister's graduation ceremony (seperate occasions) and I can't tell you how proud I was of them both.

Have a wonderful day :winner:

Hiya Topsy. I am not sure what your instructions were, can only go by mine. I was able at 4 weeks post-op to have salmon mashed with a little sauce on top, no problem. Also most Italian places do cannelloni (cheese stuffed pasta tube) and lasagna which you can eat the cheesy bits out of and maybe a few bites of the tender pasta. Most things are edible at this stage with a bit of sauce and some fork mashing!

Wishing you a lovely day & congrats to your daughter.

Nic:D

Hiya Topsy and congratulations on your Daughter's graduation. I was only on liquids for 2 weeks post op and then on to sloppys and what I ate loads of was salmon so I would say you would be more than fine. Remember to chew each mouthful at least 15 times!!!!

Hi Lesley - I hope you're going to post some photos of the big day ??? Have a lovely day - and congratulations to your daughter. Zxx

Back