• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1!!

Hi gem!!

I know exactly what you mean. People being around you with food. Well done for being strong though! I've got a wedding at the end of the month and I'll be exactly the same! Everyone will be having a sit down meal and I'll have my milk haha. That's the biggest thing though, the mental training you have to give yourself to know you can't have what they are having. We will get there!!

I'm on my last night shift tonight at work before my rest days. Must admit it's been really hard. I've just been so exhausted, more than I normally am. Haven't been hungry though, have fancied thing but it's passed quite quickly. I've perked up a bit today though so feeling a bit more positive now. But it's been so hard not to go and get some food when I've been finishing my shift. I weighed myself today and it says I've lost 1 stone (since Thursday), although they are different scales to the ones in the clinic so it won't be 100% accurate, but I know ive lost something!!

I think once the tired period is over and my body is used to what I'm having it will improve. Are you on FB or anything? Would be nice to chat, as we are in the same stages!

Keep up your good work and stay focused! We can do this!!

Sam xx

Hello and welcome!
Before you know it the weeks will fly by and your weight loss will he making you jump for joy! All the very best it will be worth the hard work

Thank you Lisa. Loving everyone's comments and feedback on here! Have you had your op yet? Xx

You're welcome hon and yes, I was sleeved on 27/06 :)
How are you feeling today?

Hi Welcome

I hated the beef bovril but the chicken was was very tasty after milk all day, I had it as my tea. I am under the L and D and have my pre op the 29th of July and op in August. It has taken time but will be worth it I hope x good luck on your journey. Xx Jo

Day 6 today!! Nearly one week down, and what a long week it has been!

Have to say now that I'm not working nights I don't feel as drained so my energy levels are finally improving.

I can happily that say I haven't cheated once, although I have dreamt about it! Food has never smelt sooooo good!!

xxx

Really struggling today guys....

I feel like I'm at a standstill. I was weighed when I started my milk diet in the clinic, and since then I've been weighing myself at home on my own scales... Which has said I've lost 16lbs since 7th July. My nephew broke them when he was messing around so I went to boots today and used their scales, which said I was 7lb heavier than the ones I used at home! now I have no idea how much I've lost and I feel really disheartened.

To top it off, all ive wanted to do today is eat something. People having bbq food in front of me, ice creams... The list goes on. I've still got 4 weeks left of this milk diet... I'm really not coping today and feel so low.... Xx

Really struggling today guys....

I feel like I'm at a standstill. I was weighed when I started my milk diet in the clinic, and since then I've been weighing myself at home on my own scales... Which has said I've lost 16lbs since 7th July. My nephew broke them when he was messing around so I went to boots today and used their scales, which said I was 7lb heavier than the ones I used at home! now I have no idea how much I've lost and I feel really disheartened.

To top it off, all ive wanted to do today is eat something. People having bbq food in front of me, ice creams... The list goes on. I've still got 4 weeks left of this milk diet... I'm really not coping today and feel so low.... Xx
The weight is still coming off lovely. These few weeks are just making your surgery as safe as possible to shrink your liver enough. The real weight loss starts after surgery. You're doing amazing so far but don't let it get you down. You're having the LSD blues. Vent it out to us we don't mind promise ;). I've got a set of scales that are amazing off of Amazon they are digital and analogue so they never fluctuate if u want me to I can pm u the link cause they really are amazing. They made me heavier than my normal scales but it's the normal ones that were way off. Go by your clothes atm - are they getting looser? Can you feel a difference in a shrinking tummy?xx

The weight is still coming off lovely. These few weeks are just making your surgery as safe as possible to shrink your liver enough. The real weight loss starts after surgery. You're doing amazing so far but don't let it get you down. You're having the LSD blues. Vent it out to us we don't mind promise ;). I've got a set of scales that are amazing off of Amazon they are digital and analogue so they never fluctuate if u want me to I can pm u the link cause they really are amazing. They made me heavier than my normal scales but it's the normal ones that were way off. Go by your clothes atm - are they getting looser? Can you feel a difference in a shrinking tummy?xx

I can feel that my work trousers are loser around my thighs slightly... I think that's about it at the moment. I was feeling really positive until I weighed myself!... I'm just having a day of being really bored with milk, wanting anything I can set my eyes on, feeling frustrated with myself that I've got to this stage and I'm having to go through all of this to be healthier, and trying to speak to people who don't understand what I'm going through..... xx

Don't weigh yourself babe
Your shrinking your liver that's the main objective ....
You will lose weight by the time of your op ... and as starryeyed said your clothes are getting loose ..
The time to weigh if you must is after the op .... xxxx
Good luck it does get easier xxx

I to found a massive difference in scales .. Like you mine at home and Boots are different .. At this time I would only think about the ones you weighed on when you had your check up at the hospital ..
When you've had your op , choose a day to go to Boots and only ever weigh on that day of the week and ignore any other scale ..
You know in your heart that your doing the right thing for your own safety at this time .. This liver shrinking is so important for your own health when your under the knife ..
Is any food worth that risk ? The answer is no .. No it's not ..
You will be able to eat those foods again , but most of us will tell you that food holds none of the interest we had before we had our ops .. I used to adore cooking , but at this time I have not one ounce of interest in creating a dish ..
Has any other diet you've been on shifted this enormous amount of weight in such a short time ? I bet not ..
There's no way , if you've stuck to it , that you could have put on weight ..
When is your op ?

It's worth it I promise. We all know how hard it can be but turning down food will become easier as time goes on because that's a big part of the long term commitment we make.
As the others have said the LRD is about shrinking your liver and getting you in the best possible shape for surgery. Any weight loss is a bonus. @starryeyed and I were talking about how powerfully the number on the scales can affect us the other day. It's honestly better to just weigh once a week and also to measure yourself every so often as well and go by what your clothes are telling you.

I weigh slightly heavier on the hospital scales than my own but my team were really pleased last time I saw them and told me to go off my own scales but either way not to get too hung up on the numbers because they're going in the right direction. You have an awful lot of stuff to get used to and accept right now so be kind to yourself and do what you need to look after yourself. I used to and sometimes still do take myself off to read if only family order in pizza for example and that's ok. Better than torture myself ;)

Back