• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bling Babe

Hi all
I was referred to Luton and Dunstable in May and I'm on day 4 of my 4 week milk diet, 4 pints semi-skimmed, 2 oxo/Bovril, 1 sachet sugar free jelly, water and multi vitamin, I have to be assessed for 1 year and feel quite anxious that I may not reach the final line . I began reading threads and decided this community sounded very welcoming and supportive so I decided to join. I am surprised that the milk alone is 1000 Calories a day and wondering if I will actually lose my 5% as some threads I have read people haven't managed it.
I am making a sugar free milk jelly with some of my milk allowance each day and really enjoying it in the evening when OH is eating his dinner BUT for some reason I feel as if I am cheating, why is this ? Could it be because 1 sachet make a very large jelly (1 pint) I read a thread which said chicken OXO in hot milk was nice, the thought of it absolutely turned my stomach but after a couple of days thinking "what do I have to lose if I try it ?" I bite the bullet and gave it a go..... It is sooooo nice, just like chicken soup, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy it and look forward to it each day, I'm almost drooling just thinking about it so if anyone is out there thinking how disgusting it sound I can only say .... Give it a go.
Good luck to you all and I look forward to chatting with you X

Hi babe and welcome !
There are plenty on here who have done the diet your on and they will be along soon to give you some guidance ..
I would say to you , stop counting calories .. Your no longer on a main stream diet .. This is purely to shrink your liver and to help get rid of the keytones so you should be peeing like a race horse ? .. It's no,longer about calorie counting at this stage ..
How are you feeling about it so far and how are you in yourself ?
Xxx

Ah thank you, I didn't think of it like that, I'm actually feeling ok at the moment, wishing the 28 days away though and yes I am peeing like a racehorse , I see you had your surgery in April and you have done amazingly well, can I ask if you list any pre surgery or is that all post, regardless to that a very well done to you, how are you feeling and getting on with the band ? X

Hi I too am at L@D and am doing 5 weeks on milk diet as I went on holiday I decided to start a week early. I am on day 10 now. Not as bad asI thought. Good luck to you xxx p.s. I lost 6lb last week xx

Hi I too am at L@D and am doing 5 weeks on milk diet as I went on holiday I decided to start a week early. I am on day 10 now. Not as bad asI thought. Good luck to you xxx p.s. I lost 6lb last week xx
Great to here from you, well done on your fantastic first week loss Today is the end of day 5 for me and I agree it's not as bad as I expected.......yet......I'm feel I need to be cautious as I keep thinking one day I could hit a wall if you know what I mean, I intend to weigh myself Friday night at my mums as I don't own scales and probably again on Monday at work, when do you go back to L and D? I go on 12th October which will be 2 days before the 28 days as I didn't want to start while I was on holiday, do you have any idea what happens next either if we do lose 5%. Or if we don't ? My 5% is about 1 stone, keep up the good work it would be lovely to chat again XxX

Hello and welcome :)

Hi all
I was referred to Luton and Dunstable in May and I'm on day 4 of my 4 week milk diet, 4 pints semi-skimmed, 2 oxo/Bovril, 1 sachet sugar free jelly, water and multi vitamin, I have to be assessed for 1 year and feel quite anxious that I may not reach the final line . I began reading threads and decided this community sounded very welcoming and supportive so I decided to join. I am surprised that the milk alone is 1000 Calories a day and wondering if I will actually lose my 5% as some threads I have read people haven't managed it.
I am making a sugar free milk jelly with some of my milk allowance each day and really enjoying it in the evening when OH is eating his dinner BUT for some reason I feel as if I am cheating, why is this ? Could it be because 1 sachet make a very large jelly (1 pint) I read a thread which said chicken OXO in hot milk was nice, the thought of it absolutely turned my stomach but after a couple of days thinking "what do I have to lose if I try it ?" I bite the bullet and gave it a go..... It is sooooo nice, just like chicken soup, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy it and look forward to it each day, I'm almost drooling just thinking about it so if anyone is out there thinking how disgusting it sound I can only say .... Give it a go.
Good luck to you all and I look forward to chatting with you X
Sorry to sound a
But thick but why have u got to do this bit of diet is this before surgery as my doctors never mentioned anything like this thanks and you are doing really well by the sound of it well done

I go on 17th October and I don't know what happens next. They said I would be on programme for 6 months as my BMI was high so I am going to ask them. Good luck to you. I live in Watford so it is not far for me. Some people come from a long way away. X

I go on 17th October and I don't know what happens next. They said I would be on programme for 6 months as my BMI was high so I am going to ask them. Good luck to you. I live in Watford so it is not far for me. Some people come from a long way away. X
Thanks for the reply
I live only a few miles from my hospital as well so that's quite lucky really after my first meeting they have started me on orlistat for 12 weeks and have to see the doctor again on December 13th but not sure what happens from there said it was a 26 week process the first bit but that's all I know good luck to you

Great to here from you, well done on your fantastic first week loss Today is the end of day 5 for me and I agree it's not as bad as I expected.......yet......I'm feel I need to be cautious as I keep thinking one day I could hit a wall if you know what I mean, I intend to weigh myself Friday night at my mums as I don't own scales and probably again on Monday at work, when do you go back to L and D? I go on 12th October which will be 2 days before the 28 days as I didn't want to start while I was on holiday, do you have any idea what happens next either if we do lose 5%. Or if we don't ? My 5% is about 1 stone, keep up the good work it would be lovely to chat again XxX

Don't know if I replied properly before. I go on 17 October and don't know what happens next. Good luck to you x

I'm under the L&D since last December . I did the milk diet in July for 4 weeks and found it ok. Lost 21lbs. I like the chicken bovril in hot milk until week 4 and by the end would gag at the thought! Only had jelly for first couple of days as I didn't really need it. So far have list 3 1/2 stone. following the milk diet you do a Refeed diet of 1000/1200 calories daily to maintain/continue to loss weight. I have just been referred to tier 4 for surgery. Had ECG and echo (only if over 50) and a medical review which has given me the medical ok for surgery. Next appointment will be with the surgeon/nurse/psychologist but it will be approx 6 months. Then the anesthetist to book the op. Will do the milk diet for 2 weeks before op. Just need to keep loosing weight while I wait. Sticking to 1200 calories daily but only loosing 1lb per week but they are happy with any loss. Good luck with your journey!

Hello and welcome.

Back