• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New band 4 day old

Daisy85

Hi I'm new to the forum, still working out how to work it.
Got a gastric band on Wednesday 2nd may at the Nuffield Glasgow by dr Galloway.
I was 17st6lbs before the op.
Is day 4 to soon to have Verry soft mash? Cause today iv had 2 cups of milky tea, 1 cup of strawberry milk crusher, 6 tbsp of tomatoe soup, 2 petti Phillu, and 6 tbsp of purreed mash with some cheese and milk in it. It seems like a lot for day four.
Thanx for any advice or help

Hi I woz banded on the 28 th April and I've been told only soups and milkshakes for 2 weeks ? Maybe your provider does things differently x

That's what I was told but I was still hungry after my 6 tbsp of soup so had the mash. Today I had 12 tbsp of watery lentil soup. I just feel what they've told me to eat is not enough. Do you feel full after 6 tbsp of soup? Xxx

To be honest no I wouldn't be but I wasn't told to only eat 6 tablespoons I have a bowl but only eat until I've had enough , I think maybe your problem is your not getting enough protein too keep you full is there any reason your not having protein shakes , slim fast , Atkins shakes etc I have 2 x soup a day 2 x protein shakes and a few coffees with extra marvel added its worth a try , hope this helps pls feel free too ask away as there's always someone on here that will know the answer xxxx

Ps I don't do watery soup blahhhhhhhhh , I have chicken , tom etc i just sieve them xx

They said if I can drink my daily allowance in milk I won't need to have the shakes. I feel like each day goes by I'm eating more and more and I don't know if that's right or not.
Can I ask what you ate a few days after your op? Xxx

At first just some shakes slim fast etc now I have soup as well it's quite normal too be hungry I'm staving at the moment and finding as each day goes by I'm getting more and more hungry , but as I've just spent 5 grand I don't wanna screw it up as if I do I haven't got another 5 to put it right lol , maybe you could give ur band provider a ring and see wot they say , it's your head hunger that's doing it , to be fair I can't wait till next Saturday I'm starving lol xxx

What happens next Saturday? I just can't feel full up. As its home made lentil soup do you think it would be fine to eat till I'm full? I'm actually twitching and drinking trying to stop my self eating more soups or yogurt;(

I can eat mushy food next next sat :) , I just eat until I've had enough then throw the rest in the bin, I try to eat 3 times a day and just have milky coffee etc through out the day I'm sure your soup will be fine , the only reason we can't eat is so that our tummys rest and scar tissue can build up around our band so they don't slip buy eating to soon our tummys are working trying to smash up the food and it can cause our bands too slip but as I say give your hospital a ring and see what they say xxxxx

Ok thank you for your advice xxxx hope all goes well for you. Xxx

Back