• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 13 and could eat as an olympic sport

big fat mama

I have PMT, and bored but have been so hungry last two days. I went onto mushies at the weekend and today had an omelette at lunchtime. I stopped eating before I finished it (an attempt at willpower) but....

1. Is an omelette a "good" food once I am into the new world that is eating properly

2. If I can eat it without pain or wind or any sort of restriction feeling, is it ok to eat food that is not total mush?

Thanks a million, i just think liquid / mush isnt registering, but if I get something to chew I find it easier to stop, if that makes sense. x x x x

Hi,

You are now at the point where your stomach has healed and your band is still not filled and therefore it will feel like you have not had a band put in! Which means you want to eat as before.
My advice is to follow your surgeons advice about when to go onto solids, it was 4 weeks for me, after 1 week fluids, 3 weeks sloppies.

Scrambled eggs are slider food and therefore will not be the best once you have had a fill and are looking for restriction to help you lose weight.

You don't want to eat solids too quickly incase of band slippage, so keep going, you are doing well x

Claire

Hi,

Scrambled eggs are slider food and therefore will not be the best once you have had a fill and are looking for restriction to help you lose weight.

Claire

Sorry Claire but I have to disagree with this part of your reply. Eggs whether scrambled, boiled or an omlette are good band choices - thats if you can manage them when restricted, alot cant. Scrambled egg with a couple of mushrooms is a VERY filling breakfast ;) x

1. Is an omelette a "good" food once I am into the new world that is eating properly

2. If I can eat it without pain or wind or any sort of restriction feeling, is it ok to eat food that is not total mush?

Hi Mama

Omlettes if you can manage to eat eggs are a good meal choice, add some protein when you move onto the next stage and a few veggies and you will be full for hours x

Always follow your providers guidance about moving through the stages but if you are hungry try some water or a soup between 'meals'.

How much mushy stuff are you managing?

Damn hormones eh!? x

Sorry Claire but I have to disagree with this part of your reply. Eggs whether scrambled, boiled or an omlette are good band choices - thats if you can manage them when restricted, alot cant. Scrambled egg with a couple of mushrooms is a VERY filling breakfast ;) x

Hi Mazza,

I have been told by my provider not to have scrambled egg as they slide down too easily! Funny how providers give us such different information!
I also have found this week that scambled egg doesn't fill me up, but then i have only just had my first fill, so maybe it would further down the line?

Loooy

It is indeed but as long as they aren't cooked with butter / marge and milk they are quite dense and really no different to a boiled egg - just mushed up!

In the early days post op I did add milk and some brown sauce to thin them down a bit.

I can only eat a small bit of scrambled egg as it does fill me up quickly so tend to have it with tomatos or mushrooms - grilled of course ;)

I have PMT, and bored but have been so hungry last two days. I went onto mushies at the weekend and today had an omelette at lunchtime. I stopped eating before I finished it (an attempt at willpower) but....

Thanks a million, i just think liquid / mush isnt registering, but if I get something to chew I find it easier to stop, if that makes sense. x x x x

Hi Mama,

You are still very new out of surgery and you body still needs time to adjust. You cannot rush this stage (i know hard it is too) and yes you will be relying on willpower.
I couldnt tolerate eggs and still cant, but they are very high in protein which is good for a bander.
You need your food to be mushy at this stage, if you try solid food and do not chew it well enough or accidently swollow a big piece, you may cause some damage as you are still very tender inside (ive asked these questions when at your stage too)

If you are eating a lot of carbs, you may find this is making you hungrier. Maybe try mushed up chicken with veggies as protein keeps you fuller for longer.

At the end of the day, until you get restriction your portion sizes will go up and up. I didnt put any weight on at this stage and the only advice i can give that helped me was smaller meals several times a day.

I done 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks mushy. By day 10 of mushy i was eating soft foods like chicken, sausage, fish etc... and not mushing them.

thanks all! I spoke to provider yesterday and she told me to eat soups and stews in the main and to aim to eat 5 side plates a day. I havent wanted to eat any more than like twice a day but once I start its then I cant stop (or have to try really hard).

I have eaten more hearty soups (home made lentil with potatoes and carrots as mush) a smoked salmon soup that my friend made me with bit of salmon through it, omelette / scrambled egg but the other night I was out and it was a chinese so all I could try were some noodles (which were fine but not something I would fancy normally or make a habit of)

I will need to try to eat more often I think, I lost nothing this week despite most of the week still being on liquids but who knows why these things happen. First day of week 3 today so onwards and upwards. Thank you so much for all your advice ladies, invaluable x

Back