• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 3 in the pre-op house :)

the crater on my lip is actually only a baby one and its stayed that way. Good work Compeed patches they are awesome, cos by now I would have licked and picked it across my face probably...lol sorry but its true :p

well had scope today and had to fast from last night, no water or anything. saw the surgeon and she said if u manage to do the pre op thats going to help make it easier. promply left the hosp and had a weight watchers chick and pasta salad. Stupid sod i am. but was only 285 cal and 1g of fat. had 1 yog today and will have 1 tonight so cal wise will be the same as other days. hope i hav't ballsed it up. results of scope show 2 ulcers in my aesophagus (SP!) so given lansoprazole to reduce my stomach acid, shes took a biopsy and 99% will be fine but 1% will need to cancel the op! oh God no, please.

well had scope today and had to fast from last night, no water or anything. saw the surgeon and she said if u manage to do the pre op thats going to help make it easier. promply left the hosp and had a weight watchers chick and pasta salad. Stupid sod i am. but was only 285 cal and 1g of fat. had 1 yog today and will have 1 tonight so cal wise will be the same as other days. hope i hav't ballsed it up. results of scope show 2 ulcers in my aesophagus (SP!) so given lansoprazole to reduce my stomach acid, shes took a biopsy and 99% will be fine but 1% will need to cancel the op! oh God no, please.

Hi Julia,

I honestly don't know what effect there would be having the WW pasta thing. I think I would have been the same had I not been able to eat for that long.

Day 4 - Feel OK, not as good as yesterday tho. Emotional highs and lows. I'm not craving food as such, I just need something with a bit of substance, like a crisp or a onion baji, just something thats crunches in my mouth.

I'm a bit worried because I look really pale :(, and my hair and skin feels like s**t. Do you think its a lack of meats?

xxx

dunno hun, thinking about it tho it's really not a healthy diet to be on. on my sheet it says you can take a multivit if you think you need it they recommend one of those 100% RDA jobbies

as this is sort of a detox diet, you'll be getting all the rubbish outta ya system, whether that be by peeing, pooing, or outta ya skin, it's gotta go somewhere, get down the gym into the sauna, it'll sweat the rubbish outta ya ;)

This is day eight of pre op diet for me and other than feeling very tired i'm not too bad!!! Sinned dietitian this morning to ask about the tiredness and she said take berrocca to perk myself up and it was probably a lack of b vitamins and sugar.
Just think, in a weeks time i should be on ITU doped up to the eyeballs with morphine and officially a loser!!!

Sorry don't know where sinned came from??? That should have been phoned!!! Bloody predictive text on mobile internet!!!

I can sense the excitment in you pre-op ladies. Thats a feeling I remember well..lol

Anyway just wanted to wish you all luck and remind you to make sure your taking vitamins during your pre-op diet to ensure your body is as healthy as it can be. Will also help with the lack of energy.

Also as tough as it may seem just now, remember that in a couple of weeks time you will never feel that hunger again.

thanks bonita. wow look at your weight loss, amazing, well done hun.

New day. Feel great. Going to flap my bingo wings at Gala with my mum this afternoon. I know I'm way too young for bingo, but I'm skint and need to win some dosh :)

Decided to go to mates BBQ tonite. She's going to do vegetable kebabs especially for me whoop whoop!!! So I wont feel left out :)

xxx

I had a great time at the BBQ last night. For the first time in ages I realised you can have a fab time with your mates withour having to drink. :)

On to Day 6 of the pre-op - feel great again today :)

Hope everyone else is finding it pretty easy at this point.

xxx

Well done hayley ur doing so well babe, im on day 2, cnt wait to be where u are lol! x

Back