• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Diet Day Two

clairekel

Someone please help I am day two on my pre op diet due to have surgery on the 28th of August I am starving I don't know how I am going to cope for another 11 days. I feel really down and tired and don't know what to do without eating, I am also getting headaches. :(

Hello, i know its not easy but try to stay positive,what kind of pre-op diet are you doing?

I found sugar free jelly a great help when i felt i was going to lose control,also you need to drink plenty of water,it will make you feel fuller and help with the headaches.

lizx

Hey there

The headaches will probably be carb withdrawals, plz hang in there hun , you will get through this , think of the op and 11 days until op, YOU CAN DO IT XX

All the best - MeJulie x x

Hi honey
it depends on which diet you're on. If it's the milk diet, try this smoothie recipe

(as long as you're allowed a bit of fruit)

6 strawberries
1 muller light vanilla yoghurt
1/2 pint milk
6 ice cubes

all whizzed up in a blender. VERY filling and tasty.

and drink loads of water, diet fizzys etc

The first few days are the worst, honestly. You can do this!

Thanks for your advice, I am on three slimfasts a day and two muller light yogurts. I do feel a bit better today the hunger seems to be fading x

Charis is right after the initial two days you will not be bothered about food. Hang in there x

Thanks for your advice, I am on three slimfasts a day and two muller light yogurts. I do feel a bit better today the hunger seems to be fading x

Claire, so glad to hear you're feeling better honey.
it gets easier, just blinking tedious! xxx

Hi Clairekel, I am on day two of my pre-op and due banding on the same day 28th, today all i has was a glass and a half of milk, 1 muller light and a glass of water. it does feel really weird as i has to cook too. But i know that with determionation we can pull through this and all the support that we have on here, Keep me updated and we can compare notes fears and all else.

Good luck and keep pm keeping on!

please dont think im daft but is the pre op diet where you have to lose 5 percent of your wieght or is this a second diet you have to do when you get your surgery date..im confused.im having my triple appointments at luton next month and have been told il be put on a 4week diet..if i lose what they want il get to see the surgeon. will i have to go on another diet?

please dont think im daft but is the pre op diet where you have to lose 5 percent of your wieght or is this a second diet you have to do when you get your surgery date..im confused.im having my triple appointments at luton next month and have been told il be put on a 4week diet..if i lose what they want il get to see the surgeon. will i have to go on another diet?

Hi Chinsaway,

well o am on the pre-op diet and this is designed to shrink the size of your liver and put your body into a state of ketosis. When you reach this stage it means your liver has gotten rid of some stuff and has shrunk making surgery easier as a heavy fatty liver can complicate things, and no your not daft.

Good luck

Oh god, this is the bit I'm dreading - I think I'd just go to bed for the two weeks and hibernate! :zz:

Wishing Good Luck to you all - keep strong - and just concentrate on the good part: you get your op soon!

Hope things are a bit easier for you niow, Im dreading this pre-op diet :eek: I wish I could go to sleep and wake up the day of the op lol but dont we all wish that! x

Thanks for sll your kind words x
Slimslo where are you having your opp ? I am beginning to brick it now only one week one day x

Back