• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 5..POST OP! x

laurajlucy

Feel the best I have felt since Sunday today. Couldn't resist and have weighed myself. The day after surgery (Monday) I was 16st 7lb, meaning the surgery had me gain 7lb :eek::eek:. Well 4 days later I weigh 15st 9lb!!! That's a loss of 12lb in 4 days :D:D:D. Long may it continue haha.
I have to say I feel like my day consists of eating and eating. Have my brekkie when I get up, which tends to be half a Weetabix with some milk, and half a banana all mashed till smooth. Can only ever manage 2 tbl spoons of anything. Then comes the mid-morning snack of either a glass of milk or a yoghurt, this takes me till lunch time to finsh!! Lunch is typically veg soup with some protein blitzed through it, afternoon snack takes me through till dinner, which last night was a little mash, cornbeef, green bean and gravy, again blitzed. After all this I still have supper to go, which tends to be stewed fruit. On top of these are the tablets, which alone fill me to the brim haha!!
Do not feel as windy now mind which helps heaps.
Dressings are starting to get itchy but not really bothering me. The bruising is also coming out and looks fab!!
Be leaving Mums tommorow and heading home to my children. Feeling excited about the future and have to say the acheivment of weightloss counter acts the pain of surgery!! xxxx

Last edited:
Feel the best I have felt since Sunday today. Couldn't resist and have weighed myself. The day after surgery (Monday) I was 16st 7lb, meaning the surgery had me gain 7lb :eek::eek:. Well 4 days later I weigh 15st 9lb!!! That's a loss of 12lb in 4 days :D:D:D. Long may it continue haha.
I have to say I feel like my day consists of eating and eating. Have my brekkie when I get up, which tends to be half a Weetabix with some milk, and half a banana all mashed till smooth. Can only ever manage 2 tbl spoons of anything. Then comes the mid-morning snack of either a glass of milk or a yoghurt, this takes me till lunch time to finsh!! Lunch is typically veg soup with some protein blitzed through it, afternoon snack takes me through till dinner, which last night was a little mash, cornbeef, green bean and gravy, again blitzed. After all this I still have supper to go, which tends to be stewed fruit. On top of these are the tablets, which alone fill me to the brim haha!!
Do not feel as windy now mind which helps heaps.
Dressings are starting to get itchy but not really bothering me. The bruising is also coming out and looks fab!!
Be leaving Mums tommorow and heading home to my children. Feeling excited about the future and have to say the acheivment of weightloss counter acts the pain of surgery!! xxxx

Hope you continue to feel well. Eating and drinking is a bit of a chore at first but it does get easier.

I am surprised to see you on anything other than fluids as most surgeons insist on liquids only for at least a week:D

Wow, well done to you. I am the same as you had my op on Monday but on liquids for two weeks.

Why are you on this diet so soon following your surgery? How do you feel eating it? I feel full on a WW yog for breakfast, a Bovril drink for lunch, Actimel mid afternoon and half a tin of WW soup for tea and a banana milk shake for supper in between trying to drink all the fluid that we are supposed to drink.

I couldn't resist getting weighed when I got up the first morning home and had lost 2.5lbs from going in to coming home. Will be waiting until Monday for my next weigh in. ;)

Keep it up and rest up. I am having a morning in bed this morning as I think I did a bit too much walking around yesterday trying to keep mobile and feel a bit tender. :wave_cry: xx

Hi Kellie, glad to hear all is going well for you! you've done amazing and without much in the way of down sides. Did they give you a diet sheet when you left hospital? I would be interested to see what I'm in for! :). tae care xxx

glad to hear your feeling well kellie, the weight loss is fantastic.

Glad you are feeling well, Kellie honey ... I thought it was liquids only for a while after surgery to allow you to heal inside, before moving on to the sloppy stage. that is what my dietician says, anyway. Hope you continue to do well, though, whatever you are eating ... :):)

Thanks all.
I too thought it was liquids only but the dietician has given me a diet sheet to follow and all food on there has to be pureed to the consistancy of apple sauce.
A quick snippet from the sheet:
First day liquids only, progression to pureed diet the next day which has to be followed for 4 weeks. Max of 1-2 tablespoons of food intially. Daily intake of 6 protein servings, 2 veg, 2 fruit and 2 carb. A list is provided with examples. 4-6 small meals per day, plenty of protein, plenty of fluid and vitamins.
xxxx

Wow you are doing sooo well !!!! heres to the new you xxx

Woohoo great news kellie!!! So happy for you, well done :) x

from me phone :D

Wow Kellie, that sound more interesting than the bland diet lots of people have been given ... will make a point of making a point to me dietician, lol xx :):)

Well done Kellie :) Sounds like you're doing really well.
Like Denise, my dietitian has told me liquids only for two weeks post op, then move onto the pureed stage. But, like with the various versions of the pre-op diet, I imagine there are a couple of differences in what we're advised for post-op.

Back