• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day of my bypass at Homerton :)

G'G

Day of my bypass at Homerton :)

Okay I decided to write a post as I haven't updated much since going in to Hospital at Homerton on the 23rd. Mainly due to being so tired and drowsy since, I really hope it goes lol.

I went in on the 23rd of June and was at hospital for 7am. Firstly you go to the pre surgical centre who get you ready. Luckily I was first down and on my way around 8ish. :)

So I went down with the surgery meant to take upto 3 hours but unfortunately my bowel split during surgery and it had to be repaired. In total I was down for 5-6 hours. When I woke surprising I had little pain but very drowsy as expected. I was kept on recovery for about 1 hour before being transferred to the ward. I slept on and off all night alongside drinking alot of water lol (Luckily fluids go down fine). I was up going to the loo and thankfully allowed home on the 24th.

Since I have been feeling stronger everyday, apart from feeling drowsy alot.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear your op wasnt as smooth as expected! But i hope you will have a speedy revovery :)

Thanks not as smooth as expected/hoped but thanks to my great surgeon DR Koak I have had hardly no pain. So can't complain. :)

Omg that was a shock did they explain why it split? Glad you're feeling better though and hope the dizziness soon disappears for you. It's good to hear from you G'G well done and hope your journey is less complicated now. :)

Yes, despite my liver being A* according to my surgeon, my bowel had alot of fat around it. When trying to move it, it split. :( However I'm just thankful I was strong enough to get through the extra time under etc. :)

Good to hear you are now on the road to recovery.

Look after yourself.

Sam

Wishing you a speedy recovery GG, totally agree Homerton are amazing. Like you I had an operation surprise, mine was a hiatus hernia so under for longer, in for 2 nights etc...now 7 weeks down the line I'm starting to find my energy levels are slowly on the mend day by day.

Well done GG, glad to hear your back home and no pain, that is all we can ask for, sorry to hear about the bit that wasnt scheduled, but hopefully on the mend now.

Best wishes kate

Back