• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daybreak news today (13/4) on WLS.

TR_Wolf

(just call me Adam)
Just saw right now on Daybreak news, a quick summary saying how weight loss surgery is showing good results in reducing Type II diabetes, blood pressure etc, and went on to explain about how people can lose 60% of their excess body weight after a year after weight loss etc.

Nice to see them saying something positive about WLS.

I wonder if the main news will give more detail...

its the main story on BBC breakfast this morning as well.

Just seen it! Thanks for the heads up x

Great to hear WLS is being recognised for the very real health benefits it gives x

Just been listening to it on Radio 5. Nicky Clarke did the, they should just eat less & move more line, that infuriates me so much, like its 'just' that easy!

:)Thanks Adam:)

They have been having a debate on my local radio station, but I turned it off as the comments from those that did not want the surgery available on nhs were irritating to say the least.

I saw this and thought 'At least it's something positive for a change!'

Same in Jeremy Vine Radio 2 just now, positive speaking from the people FOR surgery, but the negatives didn't listen and just rang in saying eat less and get off your butts.

There was am article in today's daily mail online that was about Wls and the positive results the Doctors are finding with Diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol. Very unusual for the daily mail to publish anything positive about anyone overweight.

it's on itv news right after the break

Back